Awning light strip flashing

jerryjay11

I just purchased a 2018 Pioneer RL250 with electric awning. The roller has a pre-installed light strip that blinks rapidly red, blue, and green. The problem is it is very irritating flashing at that speed. So I dropped the camper off for other warranty work, asked the service guy about it. He states I should have gotten a small hand remote control to change how these lights flash, etc. Is this so? Should I have gotten a remote control for those lights? As they are now (rapid flash) they are useless.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Is that service guy at your selling dealer?
You need to contact your dealer, service guy dealer or not, and have them get the remote if it was supposed to have one.
Or, best choice, contact Heartland Customer Service, with VIN in hand, and ask it you should have gotten a remote and if so ask them to send you one.
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

jerryjay11

I called Heartland just after posting and they are sending me a remote. So the answer to my question is yes, there is a remote for these lights.

P.S.
Awning lights work fine now.

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi tdclark,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Usually you don't need to be very precise in pointing remotes, but perhaps someone will have an idea for you.

jerryjay11

If you are looking at your awning from the entry door, look all the way to the left of the roller. You should see a small protrusion about a quarter of an inch coming out of a grommet. That is the sensor eye for the lights. If you can't see the eye it may have been pushed inside the tube. That happened to me and I made a wire loop to grab it and pull it back out.

mlpeloquin

I just purchased same trailer. I have remote but dont know where tp point it.

Some lights come with RF controller and the receiver can be hidden and do not need to be pointed at. Others are infrared and do. The power an all the awning I have seen is from the upper front end of the awning. It the LED strip is infrared, the the sensor need to be exposed.