Flag Pole Question

SilverRhino

I am interested in purchasing a Flag Pole Buddy for our BC and I’m trying to decide wether I should buy the fiberglass or aluminum pole. Concern with the fiberglass is that it would flex too much and bounce back and forth more than the aluminum.

If anyone has first hand experience with either pole mounted to the roof ladder I would appreciate your input.

Thanks ......Travel Safe!

'Lil Guy'

I bought the ladder mount and 16' fiberglass pole. I mounted the base about neck height and the top at top of ladder. Never had an issue in 3 years with it. I fly a 3 X 5 and a 2 X 3 flag along with strobe light on top. Has endured some strong winds with no problems. With the base mounted at neck height, there is plenty of clearance for my flags. Probably close to the 20' pole height without the extra whip. JMO

pjones1969

I have the 22’ fiberglass pole, love it, I’ve broke one but I left it out in high winds, my fault so I bought another one, sometimes I’ll not extend it all the way and leave one section down which still makes it about 19’, I have it on a Cyclone which has a folding ladder so I mounted the top as high as I could without interfering with the hinge and the bottom as low as I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I broke too many of the fiberglass ones as mine is out all the time. I did bend one of their aluminum ones but I use that one at home park and use the good one while traveling. Flag pole buddy has been great to work with and has helped when stuff broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've had my 12 foot aluminum Flag Pole Buddy pole since May of 2009. It goes up in May and comes down in September. Still works like new. Did have to replace one of the plastic clips last summer after it broke. I fly a 24" x 36" flag from it, along with the solar light ring on top.

pegmikef

I bought the ladder mount and 16' fiberglass pole. I mounted the base about neck height and the top at top of ladder. Never had an issue in 3 years with it. I fly a 3 X 5 and a 2 X 3 flag along with strobe light on top. Has endured some strong winds with no problems. With the base mounted at neck height, there is plenty of clearance for my flags. Probably close to the 20' pole height without the extra whip. JMO

I have the same one as Frank (in fact he installed the pole holders on my ladder), also fly two flags, and have had no problem. I believe the poles have a lifetime warranty in the event it breaks (they will want the broken piece).

- - - Updated - - -

Jpfellin

I am interested in purchasing a Flag Pole Buddy for our BC and I’m trying to decide wether I should buy the fiberglass or aluminum pole. Concern with the fiberglass is that it would flex too much and bounce back and forth more than the aluminum.

If anyone has first hand experience with either pole mounted to the roof ladder I would appreciate your input.

Thanks ......Travel Safe!
I use the standard Telescopic 20ft flag pole and use the fence posts as my holders. I have a 5th wheel. That works well. It is stronger and better than the fiberglass ones. A little heavy but secure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk