Applying Rejex

dieseldog

Getting ready to wash and wax my Bighorn. I’ve used Eagle One wax on the sides and j-wrap and it looks good. Wanting a little better protection from the south Texas sun so I purchased a couple bottles of Rejex. Is the Rejex ok to apply to the j-wrap or should I not apply it there because of its textured surface?

Lynn1130

Firstly if you are going to switch to Rejex and have some other product on the finish be sure to wash with dawn or something similar to remove the old stuff. I think that is mentioned on the Rejex bottles. If not it is mentioned on the Web Site for the first application. Secondly, I am not sure what your J-wrap is. Are you talking about the diamond protection plate or is it something else? I have used Rejex on the orange-peal finish of my UTV and it comes off fine. Don't let it dry for a long period of time, or it can become a little difficult to remove. Here in the "dry-heat" I don't let it go a full 20 minutes that is recommended because it is dry much sooner than that.

dieseldog

Yeah I’m familiar with making sure the surface is clean before applying. J-wrap is the bottom portion around the edge of most travel trailers. For the most part it’s not a sealed gloss finish, but more a matte finish. Not sure what diamond plate your referring to as that’s not what I’m concerned with.

Lynn1130

J-wrap is the bottom portion around the edge of most travel trailers.

Don't have that and that is why I asked. The diamond plate is on the front of some trailers to prevent rock damage. When I looked up "J-wrap" to see what it was, that came up as a definition. Diamond plate can be rough enough to make removal of the polymer difficult at times.

And I was not referring to cleaning it I was referring to removing the old wax/coating, whatever is on it prior to the application of Rejex. It can be clean and applying over a wax with Rejex will do little good. Just trying to clarify as it sounded like you were going to apply Rejex over the wax.

I’ve used Eagle One wax on the sides and j-wrap and it looks good. Wanting a little better protection from the south Texas sun so I purchased a couple bottles of Rejex. Is the Rejex

MTPockets

Rejex can be applied to any non-porous surface. I used it even on the windows, which then water beads and runs off like Rain-x.