Free National Park Pass for veterans with a rating.

chiefneon

Howdy!

I was this on the Escapees forum and wanted to share it with other veterans.

A little-known benefit from the Interior Department gives military veterans with any disability rating from the Department of Veterans Affairs a free lifetime pass to national parks and other recreation areas, as well as discounts on some fees.

The lifetime Access Pass is advertised as available to those who "have been medically determined to have a permanent disability ... does not have to be a 100 percent disability."

Check the link below:

https://www.military.com/militaryad...an-get-free-lifetime-national-parks-pass.html

”Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

pegmikef

That's a good deal since they just raised the cost of the senior pass. I think I'll get one as a back up. Thanks for the info.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We visited Saguaro National Park today and I asked the Range about the Lifetime pass for Veterans with a VA rating. He asked if I had my Veterans ID. I showed him my VA health care card and he looked at it and advised the only thing he needed to know is if it stated “Service connected” which it did. He issued me a “America The Beautiful” Access Pass which displays a handicap emblem on it free of charge. He actually stated that this pass was better than the senior pass I already had. The only difference I see is the handicap emblem displayed on the card.

” Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

dbbls59

Any person with a disability can get a free lifetime pass. You only have to sign a form verifying you have a disability. Available at any place that sells passes, National Park or Monument, COE office, or Forest Service office.