RESOLVED: Shore power problem (faulty breaker at pedestal)

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ok, I have a 30 amp service with a Power Grip circuit analyzer for shore power. The past 2 days the circuit breaker tripped 3 times for no apparent reason. What I have had running was AC, a small fan, the fridge and the hot water heater. This combination has never tripped the shore power in any other park before and of course, with the dogbone with no power, nothing to check. So, I told the park about my problem and of course, everything was fine. Now, my real question is, I have a 50/30 amp dogbone and have put it on to run my coach, can I put my surge protector on the end of the 50/30amp dogbone? I am worried and everything is running smoothly as I type this, please advise!

update; The Park came and replaced the breaker and all seems ok.

Last edited:

wdk450

Re: Shore power electric power help

Recent other threads involved breakers tripping, possibly more often that they had in the past. With some internet research I discovered that the tripping of a heavy current near or above the breaker's current rating causes arc burn damage on the circuit breaker's electrical switching contacts. These burned, corroded contacts generate heat when an electrical current is once again flowing through them, and this additional heat makes the heat-tripping breaker now trip with less current than before. The fix is to replace the breaker when this happens.

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Shore power electric power help

Recent other threads involved breakers tripping, possibly more often that they had in the past. With some internet research I discovered that the tripping of a heavy current near or above the breaker's current rating causes arc burn damage on the circuit breaker's electrical switching contacts. These burned, corroded contacts generate heat when an electrical current is once again flowing through them, and this additional heat makes the heat-tripping breaker now trip with less current than before. The fix is to replace the breaker when this happens.

Thank you,
I am in hopes that you are indeed correct and with the breaker replaced that the problem is resolved.