No shore power, not charging batteries either.

TOU47

We have a 2006 Bighorn 3055RL that we bought last summer. We have been living in it since last August full time via 12v & Renogy solar system all winter with occasional generator use & charging. (3500w) while we build our home. We are permanent with a framed & insulated skirting... can't be moved very easily. It has been great.

We were recently able to hook up to shore power full time... this lasted for about 10 days. Again great. Then one day the shore power stopped after the lights flickered a bit off & on over an hour or so...standard load no AC or anything abnormal. It won't run anything AC but will run everything 12v DC still...batteries were fully charged. We plugged it into the same generator we had been using... still no AC shore power & no charging...it always had. But we have been running off our 12v battery bank with minimal use.

I've checked all distribution panel fuses & reset every breaker including one near buss plates in battery box. (We do not have a transfer switch as no onboard generator.) I checked the converter fuses, all good but did not see the fan running. After referring to numerous videos & threads we decided to replace our orginal converter (PD9100) & just replaced it with a PD9200. Enright is competitive the same regardless of plugging into shorepower or generator. (We use a 50 amp chord to 30 amp plug via doggone surge protector. Have tried it with a steadfast dog bone...same results.

I've perused entering I can find her in the forum h elsewhere & I'm at a loss as what to check. My 4 battery bank is getting lower & need to resolve. Thx in advance.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you need to take your multimeter and start at the pedestal checking voltage. When you no longer get 120 volts AC you have found the problem.

Peace
Dave

TOU47

Sounds like you need to take your multimeter and start at the pedestal checking voltage. When you no longer get 120 volts AC you have found the problem.

Peace
Dave
I think your right. I'm starting to think it's either in my 50 amp chord, the outlet (rv) or maybe my 50 amp breaker?