Water dripping from living room ceiling fan. 120 volt AC.

Water is dripping from our 2011 Bighorn ceiling fan. Living in FL now. HELP! We are new to this life of fulltime RVing.

jimtoo

Hi kanesheri,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I'm sure someone will jump in soon with some good info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

wdk450

Water is dripping from our 2011 Bighorn ceiling fan. Living in FL now. HELP! We are new to this life of fulltime RVing.

I think that you need to have your rubber roof and caulking system checked out ASAP. Water intrusion can cause dryrot in the wood structural components, and slowly destroy your RV. You might want to seek out an RV servicer who has the Sealtech system if the roof problem is not immediately obvious. http://www.sealtechleaktesting.com/

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
How much rain have you had before this started? If it’s been fairly dry and the dripping is not heavy, I’d look at the air conditioner drainage as the culprit.

You can do this by removing the cover on the roof and making sure there isn’t debris in there blocking the condensate from draining out and across the roof to the gutters.

While you’re up there, check the gutters for debris, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have removed the cover and 4 hornet nests.. killed the hornets and made sure the condensate drain was open. I went on the roof tonight condensate was flowing to the roof drains. I have removed the intake filters and cleaned the underside, inside the RV. The evaporative filters were filthy and I cleaned them, reinstalled them. I thought everything was great. We lived in WI for awhile and ran the air conditioner now and then before I cleaned everything.It dripped now and then at that time. Now it is dripping almost non stop. The roof top looks great. Thank you so much for your help! We will continue to look into this problem. Any more advise is welcome for sure!

How much rain have you had before this started? If it’s been fairly dry and the dripping is not heavy, I’d look at the air conditioner drainage as the culprit.

You can do this by removing the cover on the roof and making sure there isn’t debris in there blocking the condensate from draining out and across the roof to the gutters.

While you’re up there, check the gutters for debris, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that you need to have your rubber roof and caulking system checked out ASAP. Water intrusion can cause dryrot in the wood structural components, and slowly destroy your RV. You might want to seek out an RV servicer who has the Sealtech system if the roof problem is not immediately obvious. http://www.sealtechleaktesting.com/

Thank you. Here is what I have done so far about this issue. Please understand that we are brand new to this lifestyle. We own a 2011 Bighorn 5th wheel, 3670 RL.
We have checked the AC cover, after removing the four hornets nests and cleaning the condensate drain we thought we were ok. The condensate kept coming in. I checked the roof and find no scratchs and cuts and all all roof penetrations appear to to be caulked correctly. Any ideas further? Advise is helpful. Thank you! Harold

Gary521

There is a rubber gasket below your AC where is sits on the roof. If your AC has an inside cover, remove the cover and you will see four attachment bolts. Perhaps these are loose. The condensate may be leaking under the AC and coming in where the gasket is not sealing.