Cyclone Fenders

Matt750

We just bought a 2019 CY 4007. I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried to put on metal fenders. This is our second Heartland. First was a Torque 321 and a bumper pull before that, so I know what to expect as far as the fenders go! Fenders i'm wondering about are on a buddies Voltage (he sold us the Torque back in 2014). The Voltage uses metal fenders that look to hold up better than the plastic ones used by Heartland.

jimtoo

Hi Matt750,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I'm sure someone will jump in with some good info for you soon.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

sengli

Having these plastic fenders crack isnt anything new. Search for the threads. Seems as if the main culprit causing the cracks, is the lack of support. I found my bracket in the middle had broke, causing the fenders to wobble in the breeze. I fixed, and re-enforced mine with fiberglass resin, and cloth. So far has held up just fine. Wished there was a metal alternative.

Attachments

• IMAG1125.jpg
    IMAG1125.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG1124.jpg
    IMAG1124.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 5