What will I need to do?

rmelder

LSU5000
I have a 2008 F250 4X4 SRW. I am buying a 3580RL. Will I have to do anything to make my truck and 5th wheel match up,in regards to height. Will I have to have anything done to the truck or trailer? Thanks.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I saw from an earlier post that you already pull a gooseneck trailer. Lippert manufactures Heartlands frames and doesn't recommend adapting the frame for gooseneck towing so you will need a 5th wheel hitch rated for at least 16K better yet 18K. Have it installed and the dealer you purchase your 5th wheel from should set the hitch at the right height for you. Normally N/C.

rmelder

LSU5000
I plan on buying the B&W Companion hitch. I also already have super springs and the Timbren system. Do I still need the air ride?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I plan on buying the B&W Companion hitch. I also already have super springs and the Timbren system. Do I still need the air ride?
I don't know enough about timbrens to make that call. I don't even know if air bags can be used on a truck that has timbrens. If the timbrens maintain your truck in a level attitude with the 5th wheel hooked up and ready to travel, I would say no. You may want to consider a mor-ryde pin box for reduced chucking on our fine highway system.

Big G

Big G
rmelder,
I have an '06 F250 4X4 I installed the Firestone Air bags, they work great. Our son has the '08 F250 like yours, he installed the Timbren system and has had no issues, they work as well. We both pull Toyhaulers which can get pretty heavy on the pin, but have had no issues. You should be good to go!!!