ceiling fan replacement help

Bobby A

Well, its time to replace my 10 year old ceiling fan with light kit, can anyone help cut the chase on where to buy ?? Any pointers would be helpful. It looks like a 42 inch fan, and I realize to watch out for fan blades when the slide out is closed. Thank you all in advance.

Bobby A

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Any fan from home Depot or Lowe's will work. I've seen were some with high ceiling have dropped them down so they actually work moving more are and the blades will be below the slides when they come in. Hopefully someone that has done this will chime in. As they sit now they are kinda useless.

Jerrod

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Routemaster

I bought this small room builders fan at Home Depot on line . I made a new ceiling rose, fan works really well moves air. I made a brace to hold it in place for on the road.

Attachments

• New Fan.JPG
    New Fan.JPG
    468.7 KB · Views: 85
  • New Fan with my made rose.JPG
    New Fan with my made rose.JPG
    458.3 KB · Views: 78

Bobby A

I was just at Home Depot, I seen one, it was 44 inch, mine is 42 inch, I might be able to do another 2 inches, mine is 4 blade and the one I seen at H/D was a 5 blade fan. I will continue to look at Lowes and Manards, and hope to get more feedback from our Heartland family. Thanks everyone,

Bobby A

kbausano

I bought this small room builders fan at Home Depot on line . I made a new ceiling rose, fan works really well moves air. I made a brace to hold it in place for on the road.

Can you post a photo with the ‘brace’ you mentioned while traveling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby A

That looks GREAT !! good idea on the recessed piece, looks way better.

Bobby A

My research has come up with a couple questions for the Heartland family.

As one of the post states you can get a ceiling fan at any big box store, but my question is, I need one that hugs the ceiling. So, there is two descriptions in the stores. One is called a "flush mount" the other is called a "hugger"
does anyone know if there is a difference ??

Thank you,

danemayer

I take it on your rig the slides don't contact the fan blades when you bring them in. If I dropped our fan down a few inches, it would move air much better, but the slides would tear up the blades/fixture when retracted.

Routemaster

The fan I have up is a 42" and I have it hanging down from the actual ceiling at 16"top of the blade, when the slides are both in on the tv slide there is 5'' gap from two the blades edges to the doors. Other side one blade does park into the slide out. In the ceiling there is a welded 14x14 frame work and Heartland placed a 4"x 2" x 14" timber and they have box for the fan.
Really pleased with the result."
Den.

- - - Updated - - -

That seems amazingly heavy-duty. Would love to see that mounted - looks more like a trailer hitch as it sits there in that photo :)
I made tis out of a old tv antenna alloy very light.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
ec3f4949e637943fc44dcd99ce907687.png

I don’t own it, but this was one someone had installed so I saved it in my favorites on Amazon. Note the drawing showing the dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby A

I figured I would circle back since this post I started has been re visited. Sorry I never gave an update, but I ended up going to Lowes and bought a 44 inch 5 blade to replace my 42 inch 4 blade. Actually we forgot that we installed a new ceiling fan when we closed up the slides, we did not hear no crunches, so I guess we cleared the slide outs, LOL !!