12 volt fan for fridge

Bobby A

I would put the wires back into the thermistor. This is what runs the factory installed fans when the temperature gets above 100 degrees (I believe this is the set point) and will give you extra air flow.

Just wanted to circle back Rex and let you know I just ordered the 3 parts you suggested from Amazon, thanks again, now I just have to find my old thermistor to see about replacing that while I'm at it, anyone have a link on line for that ?? Thanks very much

Bobby A

Yes, that looks like it Bill, thanks very much. I have forgotten where this switch goes, I just was up on the ladder and opened up my top vent on the fridg and couldn't tell where I took this switch off of ?, I thought it was in kinda like a little cradle but cant see where it goes. Does anyone have a picture to show this guy that is so forgetful ?? I'm completely lost now. Its been a few years since I was up there doing this so please forgive me and forget-ful-ness. Thanks

Bobby A

I would put the wires back into the thermistor. This is what runs the factory installed fans when the temperature gets above 100 degrees (I believe this is the set point) and will give you extra air flow.

I need to buy a new thermistor because mine when bad several years ago, that's what led me to put the fan in, now I cant remember where the thermistor was located so I can put a new one in. Can someone help me with a picture ??
Thank you