Trouble getting into Chat?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've tried a few times the last few days to get into the chat room. I get the terms of service page, click on agree and click on enter. All I get is a full screen view that is white with blue swirls like clouds. I exit and try again and get the same thing. Any thoughts? Thanks!

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I get the same thing. But, only when I use the interface on the board. PSI works fine.

linuxkidd

Hi guys...
It seems that the latest round of updates to Firefox has changed something in the way the chat room is handled. I'm working to find a solution to this.. but it may take a few days.

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience. During the interim, the PSI client does indeed work. You can get this software and installation instructions at http://jabber.linuxkidd.com. If you have issues installing, configuring, or getting into the room with this software, please post in this thread so that all may benefit from the answers.

Thanks,
LK

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Hi guys...
It seems that the latest round of updates to Firefox has changed something in the way the chat room is handled. I'm working to find a solution to this.. but it may take a few days.

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience. During the interim, the PSI client does indeed work. You can get this software and installation instructions at http://jabber.linuxkidd.com. If you have issues installing, configuring, or getting into the room with this software, please post in this thread so that all may benefit from the answers.

Thanks,
LK

The psi client is a little difficult to get used to..but, man when you do get used to it to heck with the portal on the BBS!

Sometimes, when they do updates, they break more than they fix.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I tried the PSI download and had many issues with Firefox or something not responding. I was in limbo for quite a while. I'm not sure but I may have done something wrong the first time round. I'll try it again as soon as I spend some of my tax return, Bilsteins, Cradlepoint and maybe more. :D

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I tried the PSI download and had many issues with Firefox or something not responding. I was in limbo for quite a while. I'm not sure but I may have done something wrong the first time round. I'll try it again as soon as I spend some of my tax return, Bilsteins, Cradlepoint and maybe more. :D

Probably was your link..i had a lot of problem downloading it myself.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yea, your going to get it alright. Did you have to click your "heal" together 2 times and bark at the moon before it came back to you??? Aunty Em and toe-toe to the rescue?? Send me a PM with your "REAL" e-mail.