Making progress

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, yesterday, I got the last of the three roof vent covers on. That was for the Fantastic Fan. Had to run up to the dealer and swap the HWH door. Mine had a paint chip in the lower front corner that was rusty, so they gave me another. Today, I mounted the four front Ultra-Fab struts, fixed a piece of trim that was an obvious mistake (hidden by the fire extinguisher), secured one of the snap studs for the bathroom door with a molly since the screw had been driven in at an angle, missing the stud so it popped out when I tried it. Those stiff plastic straps w/snaps are begging to be replaced with velcro straps. And then I managed to reroute the bedroom heater duct hose to remove the sharp bends and get it off the hot water pipe. Seriously thinking about replacing that vinyl tube with some metal duct.

If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I might be able to do the rear stabilizer struts. And today, the JT LVL-1 set arrived. Also got a call that my dining table will be replaced. Life is good.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well Dang! What did you do after lunch?:D

Kristy

That IS what I did after lunch :D. Being seriously retired, I don't get up with the chickens, anymore, unless my FD pager goes off or someone's "motor" is running ;).

Well, today (after lunch) I thought I'd get the rear stabilizers mounted...NOT. Seems the Lippert rear stabilizers need longer swing bolts than provided. Called Ultra-Fab and they'll send me two or the longer (3 3/4") ones. Found I need to shorten the shorter swing bolts to use the mount spacers in the rear. Can't tighten the nut and then get my box wrench out it. Need to cut them down 3/8".

So, failing to get that done, I took some spray expanding foam and filled some gaps and holes underneath that I didn't like to keep the critters from getting in there.

And another discrepancy has been found. The crank rod that hangs in the basement...what is it for??? It does not fit the manual override for the front jacks, it does not fit the spare tire mechanism, and it does not fit the manual override for the rear stabilizers, either. It sorta fits into the receptacle for the rears, but the slot in the end of the crank is too small for the pin inside. I've left a call at our dealer to find out Whazzup?? Other than using it for a back scratcher, it's useless.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
That IS what I did after lunch :D. Being seriously retired, I don't get up with the chickens, anymore, unless my FD pager goes off or someone's "motor" is running ;).

Well, today (after lunch) I thought I'd get the rear stabilizers mounted...NOT. Seems the Lippert rear stabilizers need longer swing bolts than provided. Called Ultra-Fab and they'll send me two or the longer (3 3/4") ones. Found I need to shorten the shorter swing bolts to use the mount spacers in the rear. Can't tighten the nut and then get my box wrench out it. Need to cut them down 3/8".

So, failing to get that done, I took some spray expanding foam and filled some gaps and holes underneath that I didn't like to keep the critters from getting in there.

And another discrepancy has been found. The crank rod that hangs in the basement...what is it for??? It does not fit the manual override for the front jacks, it does not fit the spare tire mechanism, and it does not fit the manual override for the rear stabilizers, either. It sorta fits into the receptacle for the rears, but the slot in the end of the crank is too small for the pin inside. I've left a call at our dealer to find out Whazzup?? Other than using it for a back scratcher, it's useless.

I just drilled and bolted the lower round plate to attach the lower strut, it appears strong and has no clearance issues.

That other crank rod fits the slide out on my unit.

Jimmyt5

One of those cranks fit the spare tire let down. One for the front jacks on a Bighorn