Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Waste Water Flush

1. Print this Post   #1

Waste Water Flush

I went to flush my waste tank for the first time this year and got a big shock. I have only had my unit for one year, thus first year for winter storage. I did all the items required for winterizing and when first opened for this camping year had no problems, other than this. I connected the hose to the waste tank flush system and let it run with the waste tank valve closed as directed. I could hear water running, but did not know that the flush hose system within the unit had created some leaks. I noticed once water was flowing out of the unit onto the ground. It took me three hours to get all the water picked up within the unit, flood in some peoples eyes. I check the hose and found that this hose goes up into the inner walls and cannot put this hose out to check. I am at a loss to why this occurred at least until I can get the hose out to view. So, has anyone else had issues with this systerm?

Thanks Jim
    08 Chevy 3500HD DRW Crew
    6.6L D w/Allison Trans
    09 Big Horn 3670

2. Print this Post   #2

Hi Jim. I believe the waste valve has to be open,cause you will fill the tank up with the flush water. As far as the rest of you post I cant help.
    Ron
    2002 f350 7.3 CC dually long bed
    Banks intercooler /w trans command
    Edge juice on economy.
    2008 Everest 345s
    Prodigy 3 brake controller
    2 ie2000 gen torque to 120
    Added leaf all around rides great
    560 watt solar 4 6volt batteries 2000 watt inverter

3. Print this Post   #3

When you use the flush system, you do need to close the valve to let it clean the inside of the tank just not forever as it will fill up. It sounds like the flush hose has a problem,there has been several post about this and how they got to it. Do a search here on the forum and you should hopefully get the answer as to how to get to this. Some have said there's a check valve that goes bad. We haven't had this problem yet and knock on wood won't. Good luck!!!
    Niles, Deb and (Hudson)
    2008 3670RL Bighorn #9881
    1998 FL60 Freightliner with bike rack
    2005 Bushtec Trailer
    2004 Corvette Red 1800 Goldwing
    Gone but not forgotton Tucker(RIP)

4. Print this Post   #4
    Beardedone

When you winterized last year did you blow air through the fitting. If there was any water left in it then it may have frozen and damaged the hose.
    Gerry & Rose,
    2008 Dodge Laramie QC CTD dually
    2009 Landmark Augusta

5. Print this Post   #5
    Prolifically Gabby Member JohnDar's Avatar

From the similar thread on this item, the plumbing of the flush line up the wall where you can't get at it is to meet some RVIA plumbing code. Guaranteed to result in service visits, probably. Since it appears to be another common leaker (like the shower stalls), my suggestion is to not use it and instead hook a Drain King, or similar attachment at the sewer connection and backflush the drain and tank. Again, you can't turn it on and walk away, but at least there's no hidden plumbing prone to leaks.

On our last two outings, I've started using the "Geo Method" in the black tank. So far, I've only used the water softener and not added anything else. And the tank drains fast and there is no smell in the rig, even holding the toilet flush open.
    Camp Gotchurwallett
    John & Darlene (with feline fuzzbutts Ally, Merlin & Mickey)
    Max the Cat - RIP
    2009 GMC 3500HD SLT CC D/A DRW
    2009 Bighorn 3670RL

H.O.C. #1225

6. Print this Post   #6
    2008 F450 King Ranch

I had a very similar experience with my 2007 Cyclone the first time I used the flush system. Turns out the manufacturer had put several metal screws through the hose that feeds the flush system when attaching the walls. The dealer had to take the walls apart to replace the hose as it was screwed through by the metal screws and attached to the wall, thus no way to pull it out. Long time to fix, but was covered under warranty. Sure hope your issue is easier to resolve!
    Best of luck!
    Keith
    Keith
    2007 Cyclone, 3795
    2008 F450

7. Print this Post   #7

Just a thought here, I've read somewhere that bleach will cause problems with seals in the gates. Not me saying this just something I read. I do not know one way or the other,just passing it along.
    Niles, Deb and (Hudson)
    2008 3670RL Bighorn #9881
    1998 FL60 Freightliner with bike rack
    2005 Bushtec Trailer
    2004 Corvette Red 1800 Goldwing
    Gone but not forgotton Tucker(RIP)

8. Print this Post   #8
    Full-time WANNABE

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Just a thought here, I've read somewhere that bleach will cause problems with seals in the gates. Not me saying this just something I read. I do not know one way or the other,just passing it along.

In high enough concentrations left for too long I am sure it could, but diluted with the other ingredients plus a few gallons of water. We use ours on a very regular basis as I have it, I am going to use it. I refuse to own an RV and not use the "Luxuries" in it I paid for.

The typical laundry water softener is a valid point. I was talking with another chap over on the North Trail site and we were discussing the use of Glycerin but that is not an inexpensive product.
    Ron "Rockerga" and Debbie Smith
    2016 GMC Denali 2500HD Crew Cab - Duramax 6.6l
    Equal-i-zer 4 Point Hitch
    Proud USMC Combat Veteran

9. Print this Post   #9
    Original Owners Club Member jmgratz's Avatar

The Geo Method article is very informative. Thanks. I am going to give it a try. There is nothing to lose and everything to gain.
    Jim & Sheila Gratz - owners club #1018 Workamping as Sales Associate with SE Publications Certified RV Walk-through Technician [/I] 2013 Landmark San Antonio - full body paint - Fulltimer pkg, Yetti pkg etc., Mor-Ryde IS with never lube bearings and disc brakes. --previous 5er - 2007 "Classic" Landmark "Golden Gate" Replaced 9/20/13 2012 Ford F350 King Ranch Crew Cab fx4 dually, 6.7 L Husky Trailer Saver TS2 hitch "visit TEXAS - it's like a whole 'nuther country" Rally Site 414

10. Print this Post   #10

We also use the water softener and detergent method, for a couple of reasons.
    They actually seem to do a better job than the chemical treatments and they smell better too. When the softner is not available Borax is a good substitute and is quite a bit more economical. We really only use the Calgon / White King because of the added scent.
    Just another thought, when using the sani-flush feature really pay attention when you have the valve closed. The RV forums have countless stories of people who have either overflowed the toilet into their rig or completely blown out the holding tank. In either case it would be a "sticky" mess.....................
    Suzin & Roger
    2006 BH 3600RL #2825 w/options
    2005 GMC 2500HD Duramax w/ Allison

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast