Who else owns a Road Warrior

ccupton

We have a 2011 305rw and LOVE IT !!!! We take ours out at least 2 times a month. We have a golf cart to put in the back. It has been the best 5er i have ever owned. The extra sleeping area helps when people want to stay with us. We attend Nascar races in the infield and it works GREAT !!!! I started a Road warrior group. Feel free to join. Happy Camping !!!!

BruteForce

2010 RoadWarrior 395. It's like the Titanic coming out of my driveway!

My 5'er is in service (been there a bit over a month) for body work (I had another 5'er hit me), repair on the front landing legs (the electrical motor engages but the legs wont move) and the rear garage door doesn't seal completely on the left side.

ILH

We just put our deposit down on a 2012 305RW this week. Still working out all the details regarding options. We're moving up from a 29' Travel Trailer. We're really looking forward to the spring. Already got a couple of big trips planned for the summer - along with most weekends in between. My son is complaining about having no time at home!

In anticipation of moving up to a 5th wheel, we bought a 2011 GMC 2500 HD diesel. Looking forward to putting it to work. With the Travel Trailer, it diesn't even break a sweat!

TerryM

We bought our toyhauler last march, Road Warrior, it's been in the shop SIX times for a fridge problem that no one wants to admit happens at the dealership however if you look on here it's happening alot. The fridge works fine for sometimes weeks or months but will syddenly quit working at all and without ever doing anything will start working again, might be hours, might be days before it starta again. Of course the warranty is almost out so I feel they are just waiting it out now.
Also the other problem I've seen with ours is almost all the graphics are starting to peel off and the thicker heartland emblems have actually curled up. Again all problems that have yet to be fixed.
Not only has our licensed repairshop called Heartland but so have we and have yet to get it fixed!

tljack

Re: The Bird

My wife and I bought our 2013 Road Warrior 305 this spring. We took it on a 5 week trip to my home state of Montana. We got back home yesterday after touring 12 states in 6 weeks. So far we have put about 7,000 mile on it. We like it alot. Have had a few minor problems but all is good. On our first trip we had a number is issues but they were our fault. (do not leave a dog's nylabone on the livingroom floor and then bring in the slide!!) :eek: Spent the day cleaning it up, unloading and getting it ready for storage until the first of the year when we hope to be outta here again!

danemayer

We bought our toyhauler last march, Road Warrior, it's been in the shop SIX times for a fridge problem that no one wants to admit happens at the dealership however if you look on here it's happening alot. The fridge works fine for sometimes weeks or months but will syddenly quit working at all and without ever doing anything will start working again, might be hours, might be days before it starta again. Of course the warranty is almost out so I feel they are just waiting it out now.

Hi Terrym,

Do you have a Dometic RM1350 4-door refrigerator? If "quit working" means it runs but the temperature display climbs into the high 40s or higher, it could be a simple problem with the door flap. As you close the doors, there's a flap on the left-hand door that rotates into place to seal the opening between the doors. These can bind a little, or just not close completely, even though the doors are closed. If it doesn't seal, the temp just climbs and climbs. Then you close the door again and it seals, but may take many hours for the fridge to recover to normal operating temp.

One of the clues that this might be the problem is that the freezer works fine, but the refrigerator compartment doesn't.

Dometic has recently released redesigned parts for this that your dealer may not have heard about yet: there are new upper and lower guides that force the flap more positively into position. Part#s 3851102024 and 3851103022. Takes a screwdriver and 5 minutes to install them.

Also, if you have a Dometic RM1350, it has a 2 year warranty.

Mavick

We have a new 2013 RW bath and a half pull with 2008 F550. I agree on the refrigerator having problems. Take the out side panel off and check the little water bowl for condensing. Make sure it's not clogged with pollen and dust. My freezer has a lot of ice build up. Don't know if that's normal, because it's my first rv. The stove igniter broke off. I haven't fixed it yet, just use a stick lighter. We love our RW it pulls great a little to large for most rv parks though. Were are my batteries
located can't find them if any one knows email me at skibo2412@yahoo.com

Mark-Mullin

I have a 2014 415-rw bought last fall only used twice so far but all went well. Looking forward to the spring seems this winter just won't go away.

ray587

Re: New Road Warrior

We bought Our 2012 WR381ck last June and really love it except for the caulk keeps cracking around the front overhang trim.

jbeletti

We bought Our 2012 WR381ck last June and really love it except for the caulk keeps cracking around the front overhang trim.

Ray,

Have this looked at by a dealer. Consider also contact Heartland Customer Service to ask what dealer in your area may be best suited to look at it. A small amount of movement may be considered normal. Much more than a very small amount, usually is not normal.

ray587

I have checked it when hooked up and on the landing gear it only moves up about 1/8 inch. I have tightened the screws under the molding and that seems to help. Heartland has been great with what warranty issues I have had but just getting back to the dealer seems to be an issue but that is not their fault.

sgiauque

We purchased 2014 / 390 RW at the RV Show in Cleveland last year. Plenty of living room space and they put a king bed in it for us during the build. So far we have taken a couple trips with the Harley in the back and we really like it. Great Floor Plan -- Retiring in a couple to enjoy it full time in the winters.

Steve & Terrie
2014 390 RW

My husband and I own a 2013 Road Warrior toyhauler. We love the camper however it has been a complete nightmere for us. We have had it in for repair for more then 6 months of the 14 months we have owned it. We left today for a 6 wk trip praying especially since we already were leaving with yet another slide issue to be handled when we returned. We were 11 miles from home and had ANOTHER TowMax tire blow out. It was horrible on the interstate yet again. Yes 4 months ago one blew out on I-10 and did 1000.00 of camper damage, this time we almost jackknifed and it appears that it will be about 3000.00 of damage. WE ARE DISTRAUGHT ! ! Any suggestions would be helpful

LandYacht

I would suggest a Tire Pressure Monitoring System. I just purchased a new camper myself and only pulled it to from the dealership to the current location I am staying which is only ten miles. After watching my tires on my truck change significantly due to weather thru the TPMS on my drive to work (which is 5 hrs give or take traffic) I will definitely be purchasing one for my trailer. There is a thread just for TPMS on the home page. Several people have commented about how it has saved them significantly due to seeing an issue and having time to react before damage occured to their RV's. Not saying it couldn't also be defective tires but I know for me this is the route I am going to check into. Average cost from what I have seen is roughly about 4 to 600 bucks for a 6 tire setup that I will need.

danemayer

My husband and I own a 2013 Road Warrior toyhauler. We were 11 miles from home and had ANOTHER TowMax tire blow out. It was horrible on the interstate yet again. Yes 4 months ago one blew out on I-10 and did 1000.00 of camper damage, this time we almost jackknifed and it appears that it will be about 3000.00 of damage. WE ARE DISTRAUGHT ! ! Any suggestions would be helpful

Hi harleygirl1,

Many owners have replaced the TowMax tires. You might look at load range G tires like Goodyear G614 or Sailun. Both seem to have a good reputation. Load range G tires will give you additional margin. Goodyear G614 is rated for 75mph travel whereas most trailer tires are rated for 65mph and may overheat and fail at higher speeds. You'll have to check that your wheels are rated for 110psi (usually stamped on the inside surface of the wheel) and also will have to make sure there's enough space between the tires for the new size.

One thing that may not be obvious: when you have a tire failure, all of the weight of both axles on the failed side will now be resting on the surviving tire. Sometimes you can't pull over immediately and the severe overload causes internal damage to the surviving tire. That damage can set you up for a blowout at some point in the future.

wkcox

I have a RW415, and also had a Towmax ("Blowmax") on I-95 a couple of weeks ago. Please see my thread under the Tires section of the forum if you would like to see the photo. As a new owner, I wish I would have known about this issue before. I would have gladly upgraded my tires initially. I'm getting new Goodyear G614's tomorrow.