Ceiling seams

alkyspeed

Wondering if anyone else has this same problem. When new a few of the ceiling seams were lifted or raised as shown. The problem seems to be getting worse. Anyone have a reasonable idea for a fix? I cannot just shove the material back in - I have tried that and the molding is to tight.

Attachments

• IMG_0374-2.jpg
    IMG_0374-2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0375-2.jpg
    IMG_0375-2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0376-2.jpg
    IMG_0376-2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0377-2.jpg
    IMG_0377-2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 110

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Looks to me like the molding will have to be removed to fix it. Not sure how to remove the molding. You might ask your dealer or call Heartland Customer Service 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
alkyspeed, Is this occurring on more than one of the trim strips? If it's only one, I would pull the strip off using a very small pry bar. If the ceiling panels are close enough together, just re-attach the trim to cover both edges. Maybe some Elmers glue on the edge of the panel to hold the loose material.

If the ceiling panels are so far apart that the trim won't cover the edges, go to your local home store and find some trim that will work. You may have to paint it white.
I've used small #6 countersunk screws to re-attach loose trim in our Bighorn because we have aluminum trusses. I just cover the screw head with white out.

I have a 2007 cyclone that has done the same thing, seems to get worse every year.

It looks to me that the coating on the panels edges have lifted by the seems, not sure how to fix it but is dissappointing to see. I wonder how many others have done this and if it is something heartland should address in the future.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
yamahaulic, I think Heartland has solved this issue on the newer (after 2007) trailers due to the process of making the laminate roof system. Prior to that, the roofs were more or less assembled by hand.

boxcar1511

had same issue with mine, just pull the trim down starting from one end, it just snaps in a channel. Take a hair dryer heat up the ceiling covering stretch it tight and press it back down ( dryer heats glue allowing it to bond ). Reinstall trim and you are done.. If it does not stick apply some auto headliner glue to ceiling and press it back down. takes about 10 minutes per section, good luck..