Heat in garage?

Ronn

Hi! I just picked up my brand new cyclone 3010 and I am very happy, I really am, its an awesome rig and its going to be a great time for the family. I bought that specific unit because it did all the things I needed it to do and it still looked very "homey" for the family. The garage is awesome and the kids love it as their bedroom, which brings me to my questions; Is there something that can be done to make actual heat come out of the teeny little duct in the garage? I noticed this immediately at the dealer when I turned on the heat, brought it to the service dept.'s attention, and they really didn't know what to say. I wanted to know if it was just my rig so we fired up another 3010 on the lot and it was the same. You can simultaniously feel both the garage register and the last in line living room register and there is no comparison. I realize that register is run in flex line and it isnt exactly a straight shot but that is no excuse, heat does not come out of that register! Leaving the entry door open is all we could do to keep the kids warm... lets figure this out guys, if my kids aren't happy then my wife isn't happy and everybody knows whats next... respond directly to me if you wish, i'd like to see this problem worked out. thank you Ron Miller 775 969 3958

robnmo

Ron

If you get some answers it would be nice to post them here, our 3612 is the same way, we usually just leave the door open and set a small fan to move warmer air to the garage. I thought about dropping the belly to see if there was a kink in the duct or maybe replacing it with metal duct work instead of flex line. Let me know if you get a good solution.

Ronn

I thought about a small fan but I haven't put a second battery in yet and that furnace runs the batt. down pretty fast. Plus, shouldn't there be a better way? Hope we get some answers, thanks for your comments.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ronn, HERE is a post by Yianni. I think he did what you are looking to do.

Peace
Dave

Willym

I had poor heat/airflow coming out of the rear register on my LM. I removed the register and duct boot beneath it to find that the flew duct was not fully attached and a lot of the heat was going into the underbelly. I attached it properly and my rear end is much warmer now.

Vtxkid

I also have the 3010 and found the same concern with my garage vent... I did find where the ducting was kinked under the refrigerator (behind the drawer) and straitened it out but it didn't add much flow to the already lacking vent. I can tell you that the duct is attached separatly to the furnace, where all the other floor regesters are all inline and attached to the furnance with a larger duct. I went and picked up a nice rotating ceramic heater with digital display that takes care of our garage so you can close the sliding glass door and not have to worry about the temperture if you have someone staying in there.

redwing

We removed the beverage refrigerator in our '09 3912 and installed an electric fireplace, fits perfectly and keeps it toasty back there!