Is 40' too long

We have a 36' Big Horn and fell in love with the new Landmark San Antonio. We're concerned it is too long for trips like the one we are planning this summer to Alaska or other trips where we are moving from place to place frequently. We are only a couple of days away from making this decision so any help would be appreciated.

2010augusta

Karen & Gary, Welcome to the Heartland Forum.

We have not had any troubles with our Landmark as far as length. I can not say weather or not it will be a problem going to AK or not.

We plan our trip in advance and make sure the campground along the way a BIG RIG friendly. Of course many State Parks and some National Park CGs will be too small, but it all depends on the type of trips and Campgrounds you both prefer.

I don't think 4 feet would make that big a a difference anyways.

PS: I went to College in Ft Collins and work a bit at the UCCC in Greeley, been through Eaton several times.

ihsolutions

If you already have 36' can't imagine going to 40' being that different. We went from 33' to 38' when we upgraded to our 3670 and I can say it made almost no difference at all...in fact, it's actually easier to maneuver than the 33' was, when backing up.

2010augusta

Hi and thanks for input. We live on 6 acres near Severance. Stop by if you are in this area (if we are home LOL). What do you do at UCCC?

Thanks for the offer, but we live in Washington State now. I work on a crew that unloaded/loaded and set-up the traveling off-Broadway shows that came through. work mainly with sound and lights. I got to go way up in the rigging and load 1000's of pounds of weight on the counterbalances for the fly system too.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
take a look at us---we are looonnnggg and we fit-just tell the CG that you are 40' and we went to Alaska this past summer no problem..some state parks are a little small for us because they were built many years ago. I hope this helps. If they take motorhomes--they can take us.