Take 10 grand off for diesel!

ChopperBill

Talking to a farmer friend of mine yesterday and asked him "whats up?" Said he just got back from the Ford dealer to trade his "06" 6 liter diesel, with 60,000 miles, for and new "11" Ford. Said they took $10,000 off for the 6 liter diesel! Wow! They told them they had trouble selling trucks with that motor unless they discounted them. I kinda of wonder why they went through 4 different engines in a decade but thought that kinda discount was a bit much. Asked him why he wanted to trade it with only 60,000 miles but that got to be a whole different story. Asked him if he didn't look at Dodge of GM. Said he been bashing Dodge so much he would never live it down. Didn't seem much interest when I mentioned GM. Said he was just gong to get a gas.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
That sounds like... "insult to injury"!
I think I would have pressed them hard for a better deal since they already stuck him with a loser once.

caissiel

They might be right in preventing trading with the 6.0L, after they ruined its reputation and left owners straded, in having to trade them in at lower value for an other truck that will eventually by a great seller.
Untill they create an other mess.

Get ready for a flood of used 6.0L soon because 5 years seam to be the right time to trade before the value sinks.

I had a 6.5L GM and I was told the same story, I eventually had to sell it myself.

I got my 6.0L cheap, but the other models above the xl's were far from cheap to buy.

lwmcguir

Talking to a farmer friend of mine yesterday and asked him "whats up?" Said he just got back from the Ford dealer to trade his "06" 6 liter diesel, with 60,000 miles, for and new "11" Ford. Said they took $10,000 off for the 6 liter diesel! Wow! They told them they had trouble selling trucks with that motor unless they discounted them. I kinda of wonder why they went through 4 different engines in a decade but thought that kinda discount was a bit much. Asked him why he wanted to trade it with only 60,000 miles but that got to be a whole different story. Asked him if he didn't look at Dodge of GM. Said he been bashing Dodge so much he would never live it down. Didn't seem much interest when I mentioned GM. Said he was just gong to get a gas.

Sure why we buy the 200,000 mile warranty. I traded mine for the 2011 and got an excelent price. Truck was very clean with 108,000 on the 2005.

traveler44

I'll bet that same dealer will add 10Gs back on if you try to buy it from him. It would be interesting to find out what he is asking for the used ones on his lot. Tom M.