Take along ladder?

Jimmy

I am trying to figure out which ladder to purchase for me to take on camping trips. Thanks for any tips.

Buford445

This is what I plan on getting

65a34d68-a18f-46bd-9f4c-53941ffa7ff9_300.jpg

jnbhobe

Right now I am useing a 6ft fiberglass step ladder because it fits in the basement. I was carrying a 7ft on the ladder but I wanted to cleanup the looks outside.

hoefler

This is what I plan on getting

65a34d68-a18f-46bd-9f4c-53941ffa7ff9_300.jpg

I carry a Little Giant ladder like that. I thought about getting one of those telescoping ladders because they are lighter and are smaller to store, but It won't set up as a step ladder and reach as high. It rides on its side in the basement.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
trailer mods 022 (Large).jpgtrailer mods 021 (Large).jpgtrailer mods 023 (Large).jpg
I bought the ladder that they sell a CW. Folds up to about the size of a cigarette pack. I carry it in a fence tube I installed under the front of the Horn.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have a 26ft Little Giant at home, so I know how good they are. But, LG's are a bit expensive to just leave in the trailer. For the rig, I bought the 17' Cosco ladder at WalMart that is very similar, sturdy construction, and fits against the front of the basement wall, secured by a cord. At the time, it was around $110.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We also have a Little Giant. The 22 ft heavy duty for the big guy ladder. I don't carry it because it's just too darn heavy. I have a 6 ft folding step that opens all the way into a 12 extension. I got this ladder from my dad when he passed and I haven't seen anything like it on the market anywhere. It's a Werner though.

caissiel

I have carried a 6ft step ladder for the past 6 years and it has served me well. I carry it with our 2 Kayaks on the bottom rear of my trailer.

Attachments

• 459.jpg
    459.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Thing181

We also have the Werner mt-13. Bought it at home depot was 98.00 on sale for 69.00. Love it,we use it around the house also. Folds up nice

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
View attachment 11540View attachment 11539View attachment 11538
I bought the ladder that they sell a CW. Folds up to about the size of a cigarette pack. I carry it in a fence tube I installed under the front of the Horn.

Bob, You're "fence tube" ? Is it just one of those vinyl coverings you slide over a 4x4 post when building a fence or deck? I'm not familiar with any other kind of "fence tube" but if it is the vinyl fence post cover, I didn't know they made them long enough for one of those folding ladders from CW. (that's the type of ladder I have and would love to slide it into a tube under the trailer rather than carry it in the basement.

Thanks,

Keith

z-dog

Can you provide more details on carrying your two kayaks under your 5th wheel. Are they hard shell? How long are they. What style of kayaks? I have two hard shell sit-on-tops that I would really like to carry but haven't found a way to do it. I have a BH 3070RL.
Thanks so much
Chris