Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ford Problem

1. Print this Post   #1
    Retired

Ford Problem

I have recently noticed several members expressing interest in Ford's new line of heavy duty duty pickups; specifically the F-450. So, you might also be interested in a little family feud that is brewing between Ford and Navistar International, who is the exclusive supplier of Ford's Power Stroke diesel engines. It seems this started back in January when Ford filed suit against Navistar for raising the price of the engines, "without adequate explanation or support for its actions." According to Navistar, Ford then stopped paying for the engines that were being shipped so Navistar announced Monday that it was shutting down its engine plant in Indianapolis and reducing the output of the Huntsville, AL, plant. Navistar said that Ford apparently thinks they shouldn't have to pay for the increased costs associated with making the engines compliant with the 2007 EPA requirements.

You can read Navistar's version of the dispute here: http://tinyurl.com/2vkes9

I don't know if this means that you should rush out and try to get one while they are still available or if you should wait and see how this plays out. Obviously, if they don't settle this thing soon, it is going to adversely affect the availability of diesel powered Ford pickups.
    Regards,
    Merlin B

2. Print this Post   #2

I think that this goes back to the 6.0l fiasco and the incedible amount of warranty claims that Ford got. They want $ from International still. Hope they figure it out soon. Maybe they should repo the Cummins from Dodge.

3. Print this Post   #3

Yesterday, a judge ordered Navistar to ship engines to Ford.
    http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...c=66&type=qcna
    2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PDQ
    Heartland Owners Club #1078
    2 Really Spoiled Little Dogs
    Dennis & Debbie Z

4. Print this Post   #4

Guy's:
    I'd just as soon have the CAT that they put in the 650's, I think also you can get a Cummins in them too. I know where I just retired from, Mack Trucks Engine/Transmission plant, there wasn't all that much that they had to change, Cooled EGR etc. Navistar though had twin turbos to develop along with the EPA crap.
    Denny, Rosa, & Tara(spoiled Pug) -08' F-450 King Ranch, Grand Canyon #286 (W/Granite)
    "other Toys" 05' Harley Fatboy,47 Ford Streetrod (under construction)

5. Print this Post   #5

OK you guys are making me nervous!! I just ordered a 2008 F-350 on Feb 19th to go with my new 3055 also on order. It's going to be a little hard to pick up my 5er without a motor in my truck. We'll maybe it's going to be OK. The Ford dealer called 2 days ago with my VIN #. Hope that means everything is going well for me.
    Roy & Sarah
    2014 - Bighorn, 3075 RS
    2015 F-350 PSD DRW, On Order
    Hensley Air Hitch, Pressure Pro
    Fold A Cover - Tonneau Cover
    Visited all 49 States on Continent
    Awesome Truck, Awesome Trailer!!!

6. Print this Post   #6

There is no delay in building FMC trucks at this moment. I do not think there Ford will let any delays happen, this is one of the few vehicles in their lineup that is selling and making money.
    [States stayed in while fulltiming

Tom & Judy
    HOC 1048
    SKP 96639

2008 F-450, 4X4, 4:30 rear, Utility Bodywerks, air ride, backup camera and more
    2005 Landmark Classic, Mt Rushmore #9284 Born Feb 2005 SOLD
    2011 MOBILE SUITE 36RSSB3 with vanity slide

Fulltiming and loving it

7. Print this Post   #7
    Retired

Maybe the reason they're making money is because they are not paying for the engines ...yet.
    Regards,
    Merlin B

8. Print this Post   #8

Thanks Tom for the encouraging words. I feel that this 2008 truck is going to be a great truck. I am betting on the fact that Ford has done it's homework well enough that it will not have the same fisaco as they had in 2003. Roy
    Roy & Sarah
    2014 - Bighorn, 3075 RS
    2015 F-350 PSD DRW, On Order
    Hensley Air Hitch, Pressure Pro
    Fold A Cover - Tonneau Cover
    Visited all 49 States on Continent
    Awesome Truck, Awesome Trailer!!!

9. Print this Post   #9
    Past North Carolina Chapter Leader trdeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randes
    Thanks Tom for the encouraging words. I feel that this 2008 truck is going to be a great truck. I am betting on the fact that Ford has done it's homework well enough that it will not have the same fisaco as they had in 2003. Roy
    Roy,any word on when your truck will arrive at your dealer?

Terry and Beautiful wife Renee, HOC# 1305, 2017 F450,Lariat 6.7 Power Stroke Diesel, 4.30 limited slip axle,Torqshift 6 spd.auto trans.tow command system ,trailer brake controller,4x4,Crew Cab Dually,Reese 20K Hitch,5th Airborne Pin Box 2005 "Classic"Landmark,Mt. Rushmore #134

GO
    COASTAL!

10. Print this Post   #10

If you watch the video on the Ford website they have been testing this engine since late 2003 on the north slope ina joint venture with BP. They essentially say they can't afford another 6.0l type disaster. It seems they are willing to delay launches (Lincoln MKX, Ford Edge) to get it right the first time. The new guy they got from Boeing seems to have the plan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast