How many miles & years do expect to get out of your MPG Towmax tires?

marc515

How many miles and/or years do expect to get out of your MPG Towmax tires? And what brand & model do anticipate replacing them with?

Thank you

Yellowreef

Marc,I suggest going over to the tire section where there are several threads about the Towmax. I'll sum it up though.. Some peple will tell you that the tires are doomsday waiting to happen and some will say that they are fine and havent had problems. In the end its all about whether you trust made in china tires that are presented as "better quality" than the typical "china bombs". I myself keep them covered, and inspect them visually and pressure wise before each and every trip. The second I see something I dont like, I will change them. However, I cant bring myself to throw away brand new tires just because they are not what I woild have picked. But thats just me, plenty of people do exactly that.

camr

Marc, we aere on our second year with Towmax tires. I have to admit that we were scared as h*ll after reading posts regarding the Chinese tires, but have had no issues with ours. You will find posts relating to issues with Goodyear tires as well. From 24 years of a long haul trucking career, I can tell you that heat and speed are the biggest enemies of properly inflated tires. You are guaranteed more problems running the trailer at 75 mph than 60 mph. I agree wholeheartedly with Yellowreef, inspect the tires carefully and keep a close eye on the inflation pressures. I keep the tires covered when parked at home, and have a Tireminder warning system. I can say from my own experience that they are not quite as bad as many members will say. I reserve the right to change my mind when I have a serious problem down the road, though!
Cam