Drain pipe work

traveler44

I need to change the angle of the last elbow on the end of the 3" drain pipe. Mine angles down at about a 45 degree angle making the end very low after attachments. Does anybody know how to break this black pvc fitting loose so I can turn it up closer to level? It was glued in at the factory. Thanks Tom M.

branson4020

Icantre Member
You cannot "break it loose." All you can do is cut it off and glue a new one on at a different angle. If it's like mine, there's not enough material there to do that.

Northern Virginia
Like Bob said, you cannot remove glued ABS pipe fittings. You have to cut them off and re-glue new fittings, which can be tricky. You can also use Fernco fittings which would be a lot easier to reassemble mid way in a pipe run. fc-qwik-ts-main.jpg

I took apart my grey tank valve to clean debris from the gate and reassembled it from under the camper. It was really tricky not to mention a nasty job. If I ever do another I will definitely use Fernco fittings. You can pick them up at most hardware stores.

http://www.fernco.com/plumbing/flexible-couplings/qwik-tees-ells

John

traveler44

Thanks! I'm thinking that it might be easiest to add another elbow on the end to bring it back up higher. I might have to go with a combination of ideas that will get me down the road and still work at the campground. So many great replies to my most recent posts have given me alot of options to work with. Tom M.