New to forum

Just joined this forum and find it very intersting and helpful. We are planning on retiring and going full time in less than 4 years. Currently do not own an RV, sold our Jamboree about 9 years ago. Now looking at the Landmark Grand Canyon. Love to hear pro's and con's. Also pro's and con's of SRW vs. Dually(Chevy 3500HD)
:)

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Welcome! Can't help on the GC but we do love our Big Horn. As far as trucks go you've come to the right place for opinions, so here is mine... I have both and I love the DRW for towing these big coaches. Good luck in your search and hope to see you here as a Heartland owner.

brianharrison

Here is a previous post I made about the pros of our Grand Canyon --> Click here

Regarding your second question - cons --> its a Chevy (just kidding)

Brian

DougS

Doug S
We have a 2011 Grand Canyon with full body paint and we love the floor plan. There seems to be plenty of storage space inside. We love the wide steps leading to the bedroom. We ordered the king size bed, if a queen size bed is good for you, then you would have some more floor space in the bedroom. We also ordered the standard refrigerator, 9 cubic feet is big enough for us and we did not order the ice maker since we only drink bottle water while traveling. As for SRW vs. Dually, we have a F250 with SRW Diesel, 4X4, certified for a slide on camper, and we find that with air bags, the SRW is very stable. If we buy a new truck, we probably would get a ton SRW truck because hearing from people you can't pull with a 3/4 ton gets old, even though we pulled from Florida to Alaska last year and the Grand Canyon NP this year. Good luck on your decision. Buy the Landwark and attend some rally's, you will have fun.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Welcome! We have a 2011 Landmark Key Largo so can't quite help you with the GC...but can tell you that we love our KL! We are full-timing as of May of this year...my husband will retire next year after 29 years in the Army and then we will hit the road! We have pretty much every option available...larger refrigerator, washer/dryer, Yeti Pkg, fireplace, 2nd a/c, etc etc etc. We have 1/2 body paint as we didn't care for the old full body style....but would have gone with full body paint if it was then what it is now. Maybe we'll run into each other someday in our travels.

Good luck to you with your Grand Canyon!

rhd47

Welcome..! I also just joined the forum recently. Planning on a Cyclone ( 3010 ) in the spring and going full time. Semi-retired for now..!

jimtoo

Welcome..! I also just joined the forum recently. Planning on a Cyclone ( 3010 ) in the spring and going full time. Semi-retired for now..!

Yep, welcome to the forum again...get the Cyclone of your choice and make the mods to make it yours. Every one has to change a little something.

My wife and her family were from Monongahela,,,but they moved to Texas as soon as they could and became Texans. She still has a couple of cousins there, one on West Newton Rd, Elizabeth, Pa and the other in Mckeesport.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M