Thread: Design Idea

1. Print this Post   #1

Design Idea

One thing I saw when shopping around - before I bought my new BH, was the Bar-b-que grill connection to the gas system on the outside of the trailer.

Unless I am mistaken, this is not something on my 3655RD. My wife and I were just talking about our big trip this year and how we are planning on doing a lot of grilling. MY DW actually reminded me of this feature on several of the other brands.

I vote that this would be a great option on the new designs. Maybe even figure out a way that we could get this retro-fitted to the earlier models...
    '09 Big Horn 3670RL #
    '01 Ford F250 4X4 7.3 Crew Cab Lariat PSD
    GoodSam Charter Life Member - since 1998
    Heartland Club Member #1494

2. Print this Post   #2

On my Terry I just traded in, it had the connection for a grill. It was nothing more than a Propane quick disconnect (don't use an airline disconnect) connected into the propane line. You need to buy a grill just for use off of rv propane as the gas is already regulated in pressure and you don't want to run it thru another regulator.
    '07 Bighorn 2925RK, 07 Dodge Ram Big Horn 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel, 6 spd auto, 540 watts solar, Tankless water heater, Centerpoint suspension,Trailair pin box http://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems_hw50c.htm
    Heartland Owner 1097

3. Print this Post   #3
    This user has been banned

A friend of mine has a weekend warrior that came with the grill assy that hooks on the side of the trailer. Problem is grease splattering on the side of the trailer.
    I bought the hose kit from camping world, Comes with about 10 ft of hose and the adaptor for your propane tank. works great

4. Print this Post   #4

I may get one of those hose kits. Thanks for mentioning it. What kind of grill did you get?
    '09 Big Horn 3670RL #
    '01 Ford F250 4X4 7.3 Crew Cab Lariat PSD
    GoodSam Charter Life Member - since 1998
    Heartland Club Member #1494

5. Print this Post   #5

I second mufflerman. I had one on my Tailgator. It was more of a problem than it was worth (atleast the one that mounts on a track to the side).

Smoke under the awning, grease spattering.

I also thought of the long hose but am afraid of the kids knocking it down.

As a matter of fact I have a brand new one in my garage from my last rig I did not even hookup.

Anyway I stick with my charcoal chimney & lump charcoal. I prefer the taste.
    2006 3500RL - COOL unit, would buy again in a minute
    2000 watt Xantrex Inverter with 1000 remote panel, remote control fan,exterior CD/Radio speaker system, Goodyear Unisteel G614 tires, 2 Fantastic fans, Zaxis remote landing gear control, dual 6 volt Trojan T-105's, Toppers on all slideouts, Sharp portable AC unit

2007 Chevy Classic 3500 DRW- The Heartbeat
    Husky headache rack, 2 rear view camera, B&W turnover hitch, sprayin bedliner, AVIC/Z1 DVD navigation system, Viper remote start & alarm, Husky 5th wheel tailgate, Husky mud guards, chrome simulated wheel covers, Crossfire tire equalization system, Challanger gull wing tool box, Westin Bull bars, PIAA driving lights , Surco luggage rack

Added recently-50 gallon spare fuel tank w/ toolbox in truck bed, front 2'' hitch for bike rack, Computer tower system in 5th wheel, 2 klik clak couches, Carefree power awning arms