Calgary Stampede

RSIG

Would appreciate suggestions for a campground in Calgary, Ab. area for this years Stampede. Would like 30 or 50 amp. and access to C-train or shuttle to Stampede grounds. I have a 39 ft. unit.

Thanks,
Ed
Thanks to all who responded either using the forum or private message.
We have made reservation at Country Lane Campground. It is located South of Calgary with easy access to the train. Rates are $45 a night. Ordered tickets to Stampede shows. They appear to be selling quite fast.

Last edited:

Urban350

I know this may not help but I think Good Sam is putting on a trip. I do not know of any campgrounds with shuttle service to the Stampede but I will look into it. There are none with c-train service to the stampede that I know of.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Mountainview Campground (ph 403-293-6640 email camphein@telus.net), open all year, is just east of the city on the Trans Canada (#1) Highway. It is quite easy to get to the C-Train as there are a couple stations just North and South of the Trans Canada coming into the City. Both these Platforms are on 36th Street NE. There is also Symon's Valley RV Park (403-275-6510 email rvinfo@symonsvalleyranch.ca), not sure if thay have a shuttle service. Whispering Spruce (403-226-0097 email info@whisperingspruce.ca) is at Balzac, a town just north of the city and just across the Highway from a hugh new Shopping Complex call Cross Iron Mills, again not sure of shuttle service. Then there is Calaway Park (403-249-7372), west of the city on the Trans Canada heading towards Banff. At Calaway there is a large amusement Park as well, again not sure and doubtful of shuttle service. The campground mentioned by the other responder is Calgary West Campground, (888-562-0842). Hope this helps, reserve early as they are all full during Stampede. Hope this helps Doug.