Lift

jnbhobe

Had any one lifted a Big Horn 3185. I want to, using 2" spacer blocks and heavier u-bolts, as I am now towing nose high.

What are you towing with ?? It may be better to lower the truck. I got an extra 1 1/2" by raising my pin box. I cut 3/4" off the pin box so the next set of holes would clear. This is just what I did.

Towing with 2008 Duramax 3500 long box, lifted 2" with 285/17 tires would have lifted more and bigger tires but because of 5th this is all I went. I can not lower my pin box or my 5th wheel because I would not have enough clearance.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
You might consider adding enough square tubing to the bottom of the frame rails and remount the spring hangars. I also suggest you add cross bracing from side to side to help prevent any side flex the increased height may cause.

I may be easier to call MorRyde in Indiana and just have them install the independent suspension. Part of the install process is to raise the trailer to level with the truck. Many Bighorn and Landmark owners have done this. Not so much to raise the trailer but to improve the reliability and performance of the trailers suspension.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I raised our Sundance 1.5" with pinned blocks without any issues. I would think a 2" pinned block properly installed will be ok also. (4" no)
I'd suggest adding more weld on the axle spring saddle/pedestal as that area becomes the weak point.

Attachments

• block-u-bolt-kit.jpg
    block-u-bolt-kit.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 31

Urban350

You might consider adding enough square tubing to the bottom of the frame rails and remount the spring hangars. I also suggest you add cross bracing from side to side to help prevent any side flex the increased height may cause.

This is the way I did mine but, I went 4".

CrazyCooter

Here was my way for a quick/easy way to kill two birds with one project.....//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...Track-and-2-quot-lift-For-the-300C?highlight=