Black Tank Valve

TXTiger

I just purchased a 2012 Cyclone 4014 and I am not sure which valve is for the black tank and which is for the grey tank. I have a separate valve in the rear for the #2 grey tank. There is a door near the front marked grey #1 and black. There are two valves inside but neither one in marked. Not sure which one is the black and which one is the grey. I believe the one to the left nearest the front is the grey but I am not sure. I want to dump the black first and use the grey to flush the sewer hose. I have only dumped once so far and since there was very little in either tank it was hard to tell the color of the water as it flowed out. Anyone with a 4014 out there who can tell me which valve is which?

rick_debbie_gallant

hummmmm, what to do. How about opening one for just a second and see what ya get out of it. if ya get sewer trout then it is black water. If ya get sudsy water then ya got grey water. remember just for a second though.:cool:

CactusTwo

That's the way to check, owning a clear adapter helps too. Or use a pail. DON'T FORGET TO MARK THEM WELL SO DW CAN PULL THEM TOO!!

GOTTOYS

Put a clear adapter inline between your sewer connection and sewer hose. See what comes out. It's a good thing to have so you can see when the water starts coming out clear when flushing the black tank...Don

rick_debbie_gallant

Oops I guess I assumed everyone had a clear valve on the end of their sewer manifold. Best invention ever made.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Red Tapatalk

TXTiger

Thanks everyone for your comments. I have not used the rig but once so I don't have anything coming out but the water from the back flush which is also clear. I have a Rhino sewer hose with a clear connecter on the end to see whats coming out. I wanted to know which valve is which before I have to dump! What is a DW? If that means wife, I don't have one. I travel solo. But I am open to entertain one!!!! You got a sister?

jimtoo

Brew a pot of coffee and pour down the drain....then dump. Then you can either look at it or taste it :),, add cream and sugar to taste if desired. :)

caissiel

On most RVs the one that extends the fathest is the 3in black valve
The grey is 1 1/2 so less extention.
Sent from my GT-S5660M using Tapatalk 2

Honestly we can't figure out which valve is black or grey either. We just bought a 2009 Heartland Cyclone Toy Hauler and are having trouble deciphering which is which. The comment about the black valve extending further out doesn't seem to work because ours are about the same. Can someone give us a simple "the left is black and the right is grey?" Or maybe some other helpful hint other than pour a pot of coffee down the toilet :)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Honestly we can't figure out which valve is black or grey either. We just bought a 2009 Heartland Cyclone Toy Hauler and are having trouble deciphering which is which. The comment about the black valve extending further out doesn't seem to work because ours are about the same. Can someone give us a simple "the left is black and the right is grey?" Or maybe some other helpful hint other than pour a pot of coffee down the toilet :)
Actually, if all of your tanks are empty it's easy to determine which is Black, Gray1 or Gray2. You will need a clear adapter at your trailers sewer connection and be hooked up to the campgrounds sewer system. Start running the water in the shower. Let it run for a few minutes. Pull the valves one at a time. When you see water through the clear adapter, you've found Grey1. Mark it somehow. Shut off the shower and turn on the Kitchen sink and follow the same principle. Once you determine Gray2, the remaining valve is the Black Tank.
Now, relax and have a cup of coffee, just not Jim's coffee.:rolleyes:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sounds like fair warning to one and all. Never accept a cup of coffee from Jimtoo's rig.:eek:

rick_debbie_gallant

dump some food coloring into each tank. If you have three tanks use three different colors you could use RED,BLUE ANDYELLOW. add in a couple of gallons of water and then open the valves one at a time. You could then use some tape to mark both the valves and what they go to.