Black Water Light never goes below 2/Bedroom AC

fourleaf

When I empty my black and grey water tanks, the light on Black never goes below 2 glowing, is this flaw or is something wrong with draining, I am using gravity.
Have 2012 Heartland 415RW. Also beadroom AC did not cycle correctly, I took to dealer they replaced thermostat and it is doing same thing. I have to re set and it will work then goes to cycling fan and cool, fan and cool and never shuts off.
tks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Can't answer the AC question, but the indicators for the tanks usually don't work worth a hoot. This is common for most RV's that use thru-the-wall sensors. The common technique on knowing when to dump is if the toilet "burps" when you flush it and if the water in a sink stops draining, it's time to dump. After a while, you'll get a feel for how long you can go between dumpings.

Rickhansen

When I empty my black and grey water tanks, the light on Black never goes below 2 glowing, is this flaw or is something wrong with draining, I am using gravity.
Have 2012 Heartland 415RW. Also beadroom AC did not cycle correctly, I took to dealer they replaced thermostat and it is doing same thing. I have to re set and it will work then goes to cycling fan and cool, fan and cool and never shuts off.
tks

Tank sensors are useless. Does the A/C unit shut off when the temperature setpoint is raised a couple degree above the room temperature? It sounds like it might be freezing up, and the ice sensor shuts the compressor off for a while (fan only), and then it cycles back on.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dont try to run the A/C on low fan settings. The evaprator will freeze up and will lose air flow and can damage the compressor. This will happen if there is high humidity.

Sandie

I just dumped my black tank and stood there for a good 3-5 minutes waiting for it to stop draining and the sensor lights still show (3). I just don't even worry about it anymore, just as long as stuff is running out and I can hear it. Really I think those sensor lights are put there to make people crazy!!!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Regarding your bedroom AC unit. If it is like mine, one end/vent of the unit is pointing towards your thermostat and the other end/vent is pointing towards the closet doors. Well the vents pointed towards the thermostat need to be blocked otherwise the unit will shut down pre-maturly because of the direct blowing of the cold air on the thermostat therefore acting like a short cycle.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Regarding your bedroom AC unit. If it is like mine, one end/vent of the unit is pointing towards your thermostat and the other end/vent is pointing towards the closet doors. Well the vents pointed towards the thermostat need to be blocked otherwise the unit will shut down pre-maturly because of the direct blowing of the cold air on the thermostat therefore acting like a short cycle.

Mine is the same way. I close the vents on that end completely off.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
what size is the bedroom ac/ and like everyone else asked, is it blowing directly on the thermostat?

galee78

On the A/C. We had the same issue and just redirected the vents away from the thermostat and no more short cycling of the unit.