Bathroom Sliding Door Hanger Broken

bd2dabone

Easy fix with tie wrap. There is a small plastic keeper holding the sliding door rollers to the door. Leaving the door unsnapped during the last trip apparently the door slid back and forth and broke off the cheesy plastic retainer.

I removed the remaining portion of the broken retainer and cinched the roller assembly back to the door with just a tie wrap.

Attachments

• cheesyTXT.JPG
    cheesyTXT.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 65
  • repairTxt.JPG
    repairTxt.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 57

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Looks like a good fix to me. Thanks for the idea. I can't imagine any hardware for sliding doors that would hold up if left un-latched though. Latching our door is on our checklist we religiously go through every time we move the rig. Even after all these years.:eek:

steiny93

and if you have a 3950 don't forget to latch the door between the living and garage area; if you don't you'll have a different set of issues :)
to bad there wasn't a hinge or something you could install to prevent those 'accidental slams'

CactusTwo

The broken roller hardware can be bought at the HD, it is "similar to" the brand name "Cox" pocket door hardware or "Johnson" hardware, however I prefer the tie wrap fix:D keeping that one in my toolbox "bag of tricks" for sure. About the other hinged door problem, HD and your local lumber, window and door supplier sells a self closing 3 1/2" hinge, adjustable and spring loaded to slow down slamming doors, actually used on entry doors to attached garage/ home to save on fumes entering your house ( building code reguirement in Canada)