New to Forum.... I am NOT a happy Heartland owner

I just found this forum. I own a 2011 North Trail 32 BUDS. I bought it about 2 years ago brand new.
I am not a happy owner... I am on my 3rd set of axles and 3rd set of tires... There are other issues as well.

Where and who should I contact to tell my stories... Thanks.

danemayer

Hi notobright,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sorry you're not happy. All RVs have problems, but if you're on your 3rd set of axles and tires, it sounds like you've been through a difficult time.

There's a lot of useful information on this forum, along with a lot of people willing to share their knowledge and experience. The forum is geared toward getting and giving help. People tell their stories, but it's usually about how they fixed a problem, or to ask for help on a problem where someone else may have already it solved.

Have you tried discussing your problems with Heartland Customer Service? You can call them at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN # handy.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you want to tell what's been going on with your rig, this is the place to do it. Be forewarned, most members don't take kindly to just plain ranting about Heartland. We'll want to know what problems came about and how they were taken care of. And we'll want to know if you dealt with Heartland directly or just your dealer. The majority of us are loyal Heartland owners, but don't confuse that with being cheerleaders or blind to the fact that problems can and do occur...that shouldn't.

no offense... but I am not into "ranting" about Heartland... and I understand things can go wrong with a trailer but... I just want a reasonably reliable trailer... Frankly just tell me who I need to contact at Heartland and if I get satisfaction, I will post it and you will probably never hear from me again.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Why would you not want to come around and hang out on the froum. We are good people with lots of info and support for people with problems. Have you ever contacted HL about these issues or have you only talked to your dealer. If its only your dealer, then something just does not smell right. 3 sets of axles and tires?? If 3 sets of everything has not fixed the problem....then someone needs to dig a little deeper. Just throwing parts at something will not get to the root problem. This type of repair is called the "shotgun" approach. One thing you need to remember is the suspension warranty is by Lippert not HL. HL can go to bat for you and request Lippert to do a repair or pay for it....but Lippert does not have to. If you get my point. Please come back after you talk to HL and us know what is going on. I think you should call Lippert and explain your issue with them. If they have payed for 3 sets of axles and 3 sets of tires, I'm sure they would like to know why. BTW, what is the issue that has needed new axles and tires.....3 times.

Last edited:

wildwolfproducts

I just found this forum. I own a 2011 North Trail 32 BUDS. I bought it about 2 years ago brand new.
I am not a happy owner... I am on my 3rd set of axles and 3rd set of tires... There are other issues as well.

Where and who should I contact to tell my stories... Thanks.

I have to ask, three sets of both? Does not sounds like that's an issue with Heartland. But rather the driving habits?? Not saying your a bad driver, but how many curbs do you hit per trip? Or dropping it off the road a lot? Just thinking out loud and I get in trouble most times when I start thinking.

mallard29s

Not a Heartland owner here, but have read allot on this forum. Seems that problems are quite common with the Heartland brand.... Wondering when it is time for a replacement RV, if Heartland will be our choice.... I know some models we have looked at are beautiful, but looks aren't everything.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jim-n-Leslie

ACTUALLY, you have to figure, you are taking a fully equipped house, slapping it on a set of axels, and driving it hundreds of miles every year at up to 65 mph on a deteriorating highway infrastructure (let alone some of the city streets and crazy drivers you do not have to contend with at home). All that, and the trailers are quite impressively built. My wife and I have always been extremely pleased with the quality of workmanship that goes into the Heartland. You may see at the surface a number of issues, but it is no different with other brands. The reality is there is a forum specifically designed for the RV enthusiast centered around a quality brand that allows the many members/owners to share ideas, experiences, etc. 24/7/365. It is all quite impressive, and not offered as well by any other RV. We would not go with any other brand.
Jim & Leslie

danemayer

Not a Heartland owner here, but have read allot on this forum. Seems that problems are quite common with the Heartland brand.... Wondering when it is time for a replacement RV, if Heartland will be our choice.... I know some models we have looked at are beautiful, but looks aren't everything.

When you visit a forum and read posts from people having problems, it's easy to see the brand through a lens clouded by problems. But if you think about the vast number of happy owners who participate on this forum, creating a family of owners reaching out to help those who run into problems, you start seeing things through the lens of satisfied customers.

For every owner who asks for help, look at the number of others who reach out by responding to offer help and attest to their personal experience with Heartland's great customer service.

GOTTOYS

It's not necessarily how well built it is, because there really isn't much difference from one brand to another, if they are in the same price range...It's how well does the manufacturer take care of you after the sale. Are they easy to communicate with? Do they listen, do they try and help solve your problems and answer your questions? Do they just pass you off as just another person who will go away if you put them off long enough? I am overwhelmed at the help I've received with the few problems I've had with our trailer. I have communicated with several of the upper management staff. It's amazing..you send them an e-mail..a few minutes later you get a reply. That includes the President of Heartland himself Mr. Chris Hermon, and on down the ladder from there. I just can't see myself buying anything but a Heartland product...Just my opinion...Don

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

As usual Dan has hit it on the head. Can't put my fingers on it right now but one of my very first posts was as a prospective owner. Reading about problems made me wonder if I really wanted something else to take care of, then I got to thinking .... here is a forum sponsored by the maker of the product willing to take the arrows and for the most part you you only hear the bad not the good. We went ahead and bought our Bighorn and have loved it ever since. We were so impressed with the camper and Heartland we volunteered to be Chapter leaders in Wyoming. So, if you end up with a Heartland join the owners club, attend some rallies and take your RV ownership to the next level. We look forward to meeting you sometime.

mallard29s

As usual Dan has hit it on the head. Can't put my fingers on it right now but one of my very first posts was as a prospective owner. Reading about problems made me wonder if I really wanted something else to take care of, then I got to thinking .... here is a forum sponsored by the maker of the product willing to take the arrows and for the most part you you only hear the bad not the good. We went ahead and bought our Bighorn and have loved it ever since. We were so impressed with the camper and Heartland we volunteered to be Chapter leaders in Wyoming. So, if you end up with a Heartland join the owners club, attend some rallies and take your RV ownership to the next level. We look forward to meeting you sometime.

We have attended a Heartland rally. We had a great time, met great people, and saw some impressive rigs. We are a few years from replacing what we have. I know Heartland will be one of the brands that we will seriously consider.

cpoores

heartland issues

Sometimes when you have a new RV, all the glitches and bug are not worked out till later. Like windows from Microsoft.
i have a Cyclone 3712, my dealer worked with me on a couple small issues i have had so far, but all minor.
Fuel gauge did not work. I found out the wires were backwards. I had to caulk in the shower too. All minor so far. We are pleased so far...

Urban350

Re: heartland issues

I am going to make a negative comment here. For the repairs on my trailer I have found when contacting the reps at Heartland and left a voice mail I never once got a return phone call, if I got them on the phone when I called it was ok, only with one issue I felt as if I was left hanging. The only exception was AJ who responded to all my emails, never did talk to him on the phone. Another good thing was there were a few members on here with great advice and help.

jpdoggett

no offense... but I am not into "ranting" about Heartland... and I understand things can go wrong with a trailer but... I just want a reasonably reliable trailer... Frankly just tell me who I need to contact at Heartland and if I get satisfaction, I will post it and you will probably never hear from me again.
Don't stop getting on the forum it is a great place to find out thing and we want to know if you get your Trailer fixed

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Many months ago (I refuse to think of it in terms of years!) in college we had a lecture on "Reliability".
The first question the instructor asked is "what is an acceptable failure rate?" We agreed that 1 in 1000 seemed like a good number since that ratio is so often bantered in terms of a "fat chance".
When the instructor pointed out how many thousand parts were in an automobile he then asked if we'd be happy buying a car with 4 or 5 bad parts in it let alone 30 or more.
My point being that, put into perspective, it's amazing how few issues we really have with these RV's!
That said, I'd be in a bad mood if my rig had been through 3 sets of axles and tires in less than 2 years too. I agree that there's a serious issue causing those kinds of failures and I would be very surprised if Heartland and Lippert weren't very interested in knowing what's going on there.
Notobright, please keep us informed on what you learn and what resolves the problem.

I have to ask, three sets of both? Does not sounds like that's an issue with Heartland. But rather the driving habits?? Not saying your a bad driver, but how many curbs do you hit per trip? Or dropping it off the road a lot? Just thinking out loud and I get in trouble most times when I start thinking.

It ain't the driving...