Pulling/Towing Harley behind North Trail

New to this and loving it,only thing is I have a 2011 Harley Ultra Classic and would like to pull it behind my 2012 22'Trail Runner. I see boats being pulled behind rv's all the time, just wondering if i need to change bumper on rv? Help me please and is there anyone who tows 2

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: pulling

Hello 2012 and welcome to the forum.
I do not tow anything behind my rig but I know one thing. I would never rely on a bumper to to it.
I would talk to someone about welding a hitch to the frame.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

Take a good look at it..that's not a bumper, it's a light gauge sewer pipe holder...I wouldn't attach anything to it, not even a bicycle. They have been known to break off at the welds and fall into the road. It would take some engineering to replace your "bumper" with something strong enough to put a hitch on..but it could be done. It's not legal in many States to put a second trailer behind anything other than a fifth wheel. I too have seen it done in Texas but can't think of any other place I've seen it. I would get pretty nervous doing that myself and think I would come up with a way to load it into a pickup or ???..Don

danemayer

If you check with Lippert, the manufacturer of the frame on your Trail Runner, they'll probably tell you that attaching a hitch to the frame and towing your motorcycle will void your frame warranty (which is provided by Lippert, not by Heartland).

Maybe you can do this without creating a problem, but it's important to understand that if you do have a problem, you'll almost certainly be on your own.