Potential Owner - North Trail 28BRS

gipperkid

Hello!

New to the forum. Current travel trailer owner, but looking at a 2011 North Trail 28BRS. Seller is asking XXXX. This trailer is immaculate. Only issue is the previous owner damaged the rear electric stabilizer jack pulling out of a gas station. Looking for input on the price, good, too much, etc.

From the listing: "2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
½ ton towable.Garaged since new, queen size bed in front, bunkhouse in rear (1 full 1 twin),entertainment center w/rotating TV, gas stove, one slide, automatic awning, sleeps six, lots of interior storage space. Outside grill and speakers, and outside shower. Rear bumper pulls out to haul extras. Includes towing hitch. Will not find one cleaner."

It is nice he WD hitch is included. But I am concerned since my tow vehicle is a 2016 Silverado 2500HD. I'm sure a drop shank would be fine. I love the low height plus I has a low profile A/C.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi gripperkid,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

We do not discuss pricing of units on the forum. To many times it ends up with someone saying "You paid to much" or something like that.

I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions from our other members.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Domi

We bought out NT used last year. It has been a great trailer without any major problems. Ours was well cared for and was at the low end of the NADA values so a good deal for us.

We tow with a 2004 GMC 2500 and did not need a drop hitch although we did get an Equalizer which is set as low as it will go but everything is level. Tows like there is nothing there until the cross winds get 30+ mph where it will start to wiggle a bit.

Good Luck, hope it works out for you.

John

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
When I got my 2500HD we had a Heartland Trail Runner bumper pull trailer.

I had a Dodge Ram 1500 previously, but the 2500HD was much higher in the rear end and did require a much larger drop down.

As I recall I had to drop around five inches.

Newtruckoldhitch-IMG_20140828_134053993.jpg NewHitchCloseup-IMG_20140918_163520140.jpg

First shot old dropdown, second shot new larger drop down.