Pirit heated hose

djlogan

Hi Gang, does anyone have any experience with Pirit heated water hoses for rv water supply on sub-freezing temps?? Are there better solutions?
Thanks to the best forum on rv earth!!

danemayer

I used a Pirit hose 2 winters ago in Colorado. The first one failed after about 2 weeks. They sent a replacement by next day air which lasted for the next 3 weeks. The following winter it failed after a few days. I bought pipe heat tape at the local hardware store, taped it to the hose, covered it with insulation, and it did a nice job for the next 5 weeks.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I have the K&H heated hose.....it leaked first time out. (where the brass is crimped to the rubber hose, non fixable).

Pirit was having problems last year with an older model. They fixed the thermostat issue, and have the new model in stock, but you will find many of the older ones still for sale. I think their website can direct you to recognize the newer model- it is a different color.

I do not use mine often, but I am so glad I have it when I need it!

www.pirithose.com

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
All, also consider the supply water pipe as it comes out of the ground. If it is not protected from freezing, having a heated hose doesn't make much difference. Some campgrounds we've encountered want you disconnected from the spigot if the temp is below freezing, and you become responsible if their pipe, while you are using it, freezes and bursts.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk