EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: AZ, Quartzsite - 1/17/2013 to 1/24/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaffer

Trace, Gail said we will bring a dessert to the pot luck. We are looking forward to our week there.
By the way your photo in Barrego Springs triggered my desire to visit there. So before we get to Brenda we are planning to spend several days at Barrego Springs then a few more in Lake Havasau, and plan to arrive in Brenda as scheduled on Jan 17. All together we plan to make it a two week plus trip. See you in Brenda.
Ray and Gail

Hey Ray, Karol and I are in Lake Havasu at Crazy Horse Campground on the island. We are in the North Beach section down on the water (#NB35).
Look us up when you get here. Gary and Diane (Boatdoc) should be in Havasu then also.

randgwarn

Hey Ray, Karol and I are in Lake Havasu at Crazy Horse Campground on the island. We are in the North Beach section down on the water (#NB35).
Look us up when you get here. Gary and Diane (Boatdoc) should be in Havasu then also.

We will be at Havasau Falls Rv Jan 14,15,16 and plan to look you up if you are still there and see if Floyd is right about the beer.
Ray

randgwarn

Since we have never been to Borrego Springs and we will only be there for three nights, we thought we would stay at the Springs at Borrego RV so we can check out things for a longer stay in the future.
Ray

Gaffer

We will be at Havasau Falls Rv Jan 14,15,16 and plan to look you up if you are still there and see if Floyd is right about the beer.
Ray
We will be here 'till the end of January. Just tell the guy at the guard shack you are here to visit the McGuires down at North Beach #35. See you then.

sandman

Hey Randgwarn, hope things are good. Just wanted to say that we go to the Springs at borrego alot and you will love it. the springs at borrego is a great park, so have fun.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
NorthCal Bob:281437 said:
Hi Trace, Bo said we will be fixing potato salad to go with all the great food for the potluck, see you in Arizona.

Bob, thanks. We are looking forward to it. Trace

HI!! We are so excited to have our Heartland Family coming to Quartzsite!! Beth & Red have been vending here for 19 years, in the same spot. Please come by and see us. We are in The Prospector's Pamorama, South. of I-10 on the SW corner @ the light. We are walking distance to the Big Tent, Tyson Wells Swap-o-Rama, Rice Ranch and Market Place. There is day parking on the south end of Prospector's via Kuehn St or Hwy 95S. (fee) Can't wait to meet you!!! Even though we've been invited to the PotLuck it is our busiest time and therefore impossible.

TandT

Beth,
We will come by and say hello.

If you guys can take two hours off, come over for the potluck. Trace

Last edited:

TandT

Update, only two more weeks.

Individual fire pits or wood burning devices are not allowed at sites within the park.
There is a community fire pit in the park, so if anyone wants to bring wood and have a fire, it can be burned there.

For those of you coming for the potluck, please bring a covered side dish, your favorite beverage (water and sodas will be provided) and your chairs. Thanks, Trace

rarnold

Trace,
We can't wait to get going. Looking forward to experiencing the "Q" for the first time Donna will be making a great "Fully loaded" green salad as our side dish. See all of you in a little over a week.

Rod

TandT

Rod,
Thanks for the heads up. It sounds great.
I will add yours and Donna's "fully loaded" salad to the menu in post number one.

We are looking forward to some fun. Trace

TandT

For those of you coming to Quartzsite, NOAA currently is predicting temps about 15 degrees below normal through next Wednesday, for much of the Southwest due to a large Alaskan storm.
Can't see beyond that at this point.
Overnight temps are forecasted to be in the high 20's to low 30's.
This is very unusual, at this time of year, as it is usually in the 40s at night.
As of right now, it looks like daytime highs will only be in the low 50's.
Bring plenty of warm clothing and any other means to stay warm. Trace

I picked a bad time to cut all my hair off!! At least it kept my head warm. LOL

wino2

Trace you can have some of my hair but not sure how you will look as a Blonde.
Melinda

RoadJunkie

The forecast is what they predict...weather is what you actually get. Packing shorts, just in case! I'm probably an optimist.

Status
Not open for further replies.