EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: AZ, Quartzsite - 1/17/2013 to 1/24/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

rarnold

The heck with NOAA. Shorts & flip flops.... It's 80 degrees somewhere, eh? Nothing a good bottle of scotch or wine won't take care of. See ya' all there.

Rod

wdk450

Trace:
I will attend the potluck and bring Amish Low Cal Coleslaw. I will arrive in Quartzsite on Jan 15, staying with the LOW's on Paloma road (North side) until about Jan. 23.
I am in Hemet now at the Desert Sky RV park which has a $260/mo. snowbirds special rate. Full hookups (No TV cable), WiFi, pool, spa, laundry room, showers close by.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Another good link for things to do and see in the Quartzsite area. http://www.desertusa.com/Cities/az/quartzsite.html

It looks like later in the week the weather will return to normal, with lows in the 40's and highs in the 60's.:cool:

Right now it's cold for lower deserts. NOAA predicting lows in the 20's for the next couple of nights here. Trace

back2nature

Trace,

I'm sure everyone will have fun together at Quartzsite. Sorry we can't make it with you guys. Timing is off for us. We'll be going there on the 29th for only two nights then on to Tucson. Even our plans for there got changed and we have to cut that short.

Have fun everyone.

Sent from my cell using Tapatalk2

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Trace, the fountain in the backyard was frozen solid this morning ....AGAIN and AGAIN. Kallie was a little ***** again and again cause her drinking bowl was frozen.

TandT

Just arrived in Quartzsite. (Brenda)
Neil and Nancy are here.
Weather is improving with a warming trend.
Looking forward to a good week!
Trace

TXTiger

Wish I could be there I know that you are having a great time. I'm healing fast and looking forward to my next adventure with my Cyclone.

wino2

Trailer is packed and waiting to go. We are planning on leaving at 4:00AM, should be there around 8:30AM, the dogs know something is up. They love to camp. Looking forward to this trip.
Melinda/Wayne

Gaffer

Those of us coming down to visit and join in for the potluck.....Is it in a meeting room rally hall or similar? Where do we go when we get there?

TandT

Those of us coming down to visit and join in for the potluck.....Is it in a meeting room rally hall or similar? Where do we go when we get there?

PJ,
The potluck is at sites D-53 and D-54. There should be enough parking for 6-8 vehicles in the spaces occupied by our group.
Sent you a PM with my cell, if you have any problem. (although cell service is spotty out here) Trace

Last edited:

TandT

We are having a great time here in the Quartzsite area.

We all went down to town yesterday to the RV show and to see some of the other vendors in town. Most of us have only seen about 1/10 of all the stuff that's going on here so far. Plan to venture back out again tomorrow, when the weekend crowd leaves.

We had a great potluck last night with many friends, old and new. We had folks come in from over 50 miles away to join us. A great time!
We had so much food that it carried over into another lunch today.

A special THANK YOU to Floyd, Wayne and Melinda, Rod and Bob & Patty for making it all come together!

Most of us are staying here until Thursday, with a few of us planning on going to Lake Havasu for 3 additional days to join up with other Heartlanders. Life is good with good friends. Trace

Last edited:

wino2

Three cheers for Mr & Mrs Wagonmaster AKA Trace and Teri. You guys did a great job, we are ready for the next campout. The Campout was fantastic met a lot of wonderful new people. Sure wish we didn't have to leave. The drive home was easy lost count of all the RV'S heading your way. We were home by 4:00 PM. Sure glad Floyd brought his little campfire (and I mean little campfire). We could have all froze Ha ha. Have fun you guys sure wish we were still there.

Gaffer

Great potluck at the campout. Glad we came down for the day. Trace and Floyd if you come to Crazy Horse, avoid #36-40 at North Beach. They are on the corner and a bit short and tight. 32 backs up to the channel and might be available. 19-26 are in the front row and not far from us.

rarnold

Donna & I are having a great time here in Quartzsite. Trace & Teri have been fantastic Wagon Masters. It was great to see familiar faces in PJ & Karol as well as Bob & Patty and Bill Knight. Wayne & Melinda's Traeger smoker was out of this world with the chicken that came out of it.

Great food, good times, awesome people and all those vendors who so willingly take your money! This is just the greatest, most relaxing time we've had.... and there are still three more days to go.

Thanks again to Trace & Teri for the idea and putting this all together. Kudo's to you both for a JOB WELL DONE ! ! This has GOT to become an annual event!

Rod

TandT

PJ,
Glad you and Karol made it to the potluck.
Thanks for the heads up on Crazy Horse. We will look into it tomorrow.

Rod,
Thank you for the kind words. It's great people like you and Donna that make doing these get-togethers fun.

Trace

Mr.D

Hey PJ, Going to Texas this year??? We will be in Quartzsite Tues. for the week. Tried to get to the Rally but not enough time for me.
Fred & Gloria

Gaffer

No Texas for us Fred. Sorry we missed you in Quartzsite. For all you still in the Quartzsite area here is a neat place to see near Parker. http://www.thedesertbar.com/
Rough road with 80 psi but a great time when you get there. Hey Trace, did you and Floyd get spots at Crazy Horse?

Status
Not open for further replies.