Crater lake RV Park

Snowtek

Neat little park in Prospect Oregon but after staying there I will not go back because of the owner. He is such an egotistical jerk that it is not worth the stress and heartburn of having to even talk to him. He threw some people out of the ark because there was a cigarette but in thier site. Take from me I know those folks and they don't smoke, never have and never will.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Wow. We have not ever stayed there, but it sounds like you and your friends had a really unpleasant stay.

Kristy

RoadJunkie

Really? Because of a cigarette butt? The owner's behavior sounds irrational. So much so that I would like to hear the other (owner's) perspective of the situition. There are always two perspectives to a situation like this, don't you think?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I went over to rv park reviews to check out the reviews and it kinda fits a pattern. It seems after going to older posts than the first couple there was some that complained about the owner and rules. I guess if the owner doesn't single you out for some reason it is a great place to camp.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would be careful about posting reviews that may or may not be completely true. Such posts can do severe harm to a parks reputation and business. This could open you up for a slander lawsuit. Just saying...

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I would avoid posting a review unless you were the actual recipient of such bad behavior. A thorough understanding of the circumstances is definitely in order to ensure reviews are completely accurate. Like mentioned by others, I use RVparkreviews.com extensively when planning out a trip and would hate to miss a nice park because of bad, but not necessarily accurate reviews.

Crumgater

I don't know about that park, but when we went to Crater Lake it was late September (2011), so a lot of parks were already closed for the winter. We stayed at the Crown Villa RV Resort in Bend, OR. VERY NICE. Not cheap... but very clean, had a fenced in off-leash dog area and nice community buildings. Would definitely recommend it if you're in the area. I think it was a 45 minute drive up to crater lake from there - which was also VERY worth the drive. Beautiful. The petrified forest was also worth seeing.