Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Furnace won't light !

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: Furnace won't light !

Well, I guess, I might as well chime in too. My Suburbon hasn't worked since we left home in the beginning of Feb. The last two mornings after startup it would blow cold air for a while and then shut down. Dan, after reading your post, I switched tanks, both of which are full, and it has been running great since. I got it set for 80 deg, so it has not cycled yet. It still makes the fog horn noise that you heard in Kerrville. The fog horn goes off 2 or 3 times at startup and then periodically while it is heating. I'll let you know what happens when it gets up to heat.
    Bernie & Judi
    St. Charles, Mo.......HAVE GPS, WILL CACHE. HAVE SMARTPHONE, WILL MUNZEE.
    HEIT SAMMA LUSTIG.

2011-Branson
    2012-Pine Mountain SE Regional, Gillette National, Cody, Lake Delton, Hopkins, Lena, Hannibal
    2013-Sweetheart Rally, Aransas Pass, Elkhart, Waynesville Regional, Goshen Pre Rally, Goshen National, Lake Delton, Ishpeming, Crossville, Pine Grove, Chatham, Branson, Amana,
    2014-Shipshewana, National Pre Rally, Urbana National, Niagara Falls, Ludington, Lake Delton, Chatham, Amana,
    2015-Kinder, Santo, Durant, Mountain View, Goshen Pre Rally, Goshen National, Lake Delton, Carthage, Chatham, Shipshewanna
    2016-Branson, Glendale, Las Vegas Pre Rally, Las Vegas National
    2017-Branson, Goshen Pre Rally, Goshen National, Utica, Lake Delton, Traverse City, Amana, Shipshewana

2. Print this Post   #12

I had a similar problem on my older landmark. It turned out to be a burnt 12 volt fuse. Changed the fuse and it's been working fine since.

3. Print this Post   #13

I got a hold of a mobile repair guy & it turns out it was the board on the furnace ! Took him 10 minutes to change & boom $300 later we are warm again ! Thanks to all of ya for the help !

4. Print this Post   #14
    Founders of SoCal Chapter Bob&Patty's Avatar

Is your coach still in warrenty?? You call HL or Suburban and ask for a refund. I think the furnace has more than a 1 year warrenty. I hope the reoair guy didnt take the circuit board. Someone might want it back so you can get a refund.
    Bob (Old cranky), Great wife Patty, 5 great kids, 11 grandkids

Callie the wonder dog (we are still wondering) and 1 crazy cat "Baby" (RIP at 18 years old). Callie misses her Kitty.

2013 GMC 3500 HD DRW C/C L/B with all the goodies (the grey ghost). AirLift 5000 with auto leveling. 34 gal custom auxillary in bed tank. Spray in bed liner and rubber mat. 16K Husky hitch.

07 2955RL BIG HORN #5103

58 Belair 2dr hardtop, low and slow custom.

HEARTLAND CLUB MEMBER # 1056

5. Print this Post   #15
    Heartland: Director of Owners Interests jbeletti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flanman5 View Post
    I had an Atwood in my last trailer and for 5 years never had a problem. So I would say it's a "good one"...
    Thanks flanman - I wasn't aware Atwood made an RV furnace. Maybe we'll be looking at them for some of our product lines. I've noticed over the last 2 years, more Atwood content in our products.
    Jim Beletti
    Director of Owner Interests
    Heartland RVs

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

6. Print this Post   #16

Quote Originally Posted by happykraut View Post
    Well, I guess, I might as well chime in too. My Suburbon hasn't worked since we left home in the beginning of Feb. The last two mornings after startup it would blow cold air for a while and then shut down. Dan, after reading your post, I switched tanks, both of which are full, and it has been running great since. I got it set for 80 deg, so it has not cycled yet. It still makes the fog horn noise that you heard in Kerrville. The fog horn goes off 2 or 3 times at startup and then periodically while it is heating. I'll let you know what happens when it gets up to heat.
    The furnace has been cycling and heating all day. Cookie came over and we did notice that the regulator was acting flaky. At on point with both tanks open, the indicator would not turn green. Sure feels good to have some heat.
    Bernie & Judi
    St. Charles, Mo.......HAVE GPS, WILL CACHE. HAVE SMARTPHONE, WILL MUNZEE.
    HEIT SAMMA LUSTIG.

2011-Branson
    2012-Pine Mountain SE Regional, Gillette National, Cody, Lake Delton, Hopkins, Lena, Hannibal
    2013-Sweetheart Rally, Aransas Pass, Elkhart, Waynesville Regional, Goshen Pre Rally, Goshen National, Lake Delton, Ishpeming, Crossville, Pine Grove, Chatham, Branson, Amana,
    2014-Shipshewana, National Pre Rally, Urbana National, Niagara Falls, Ludington, Lake Delton, Chatham, Amana,
    2015-Kinder, Santo, Durant, Mountain View, Goshen Pre Rally, Goshen National, Lake Delton, Carthage, Chatham, Shipshewanna
    2016-Branson, Glendale, Las Vegas Pre Rally, Las Vegas National
    2017-Branson, Goshen Pre Rally, Goshen National, Utica, Lake Delton, Traverse City, Amana, Shipshewana

7. Print this Post   #17

Not sure why they changed from the older systems that worked great in years past. I buy a new holiday trailer every 4 years and this is the first suburban furnace. Not liking it at all. The Trailer itself is great. Other then a few minor issues that were dealt with but none the less great trailer.

I had Atwood furnace in my Jayco's and they worked flawlessly in summer and winter as I live in mine for work and I am talking -42 C.

Rant over...

Thanks,

8. Print this Post   #18

Friday I brought my BiG Country home and started the furnace. By Sunday morning I used up 30 gal tank of propane. Is that normal? Also it takes a long time to heat the trailer. Seams like the furnace runs all the time.

9. Print this Post   #19

Quote Originally Posted by Bryon View Post
    Friday I brought my BiG Country home and started the furnace. By Sunday morning I used up 30 gal tank of propane. Is that normal? Also it takes a long time to heat the trailer. Seams like the furnace runs all the time.
    Hi Bryon,

Welcome to the Heartland family and to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of helpful information here along with a great bunch of friendly people who are quick to reach out with help when needed.

If the furnace is running a lot, you can go through a tank pretty quickly. (Btw, I assume you mean 30 pound tank.) Based on discussions in past threads, 2 - 3 days sounds about right.

On edit, I see from your other post that it's warm. You may be using more propane than needed if your duct has come loose.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS