New owners

Jgeoghe

Hi all. We just received the VIN for our 2014 3610RE. They say it might be ready for pick-up the first or second week of April. We are new to RVing and can't wait to pick it up and start using it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Congrats on the new rig! You've found the right place in this Forum for any help you'll need getting familiar with your new adventure. The East Coast is a great region for meeting Heartland folks through the Heartland Owners Club and many regional and state rallies. Consider joining in. It's free for the first year for new owners/members.

jimtoo

Hi Jgeoghe,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and also to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you need help the family is here, just ask your questions. When you go for PDI, do a very slow inspection front to back.

Enjoy the forum and have fun waiting,,, and waiting.. for the phone call.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We were at the Heartland factory and did a tour on Wednesday, we might have seen your coach in progress, you never know!

Congrats on your purchase!

Erika

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al.K

Congradulations! on your new fifthwheel. We were wondering how long from the date that you ordered it did it take you to get your conformation and VIN?

Jgeoghe

It took about three weeks. We ordered it on March 2nd. When we called the dealer on Saturday, they already had the VIN. I'm not sure how long they had it. When we ordered it, the dealer said it would take 6-8 weeks to come in but on Saturday they said it might be there in a couple of weeks.

lakeside

Congrats Al.k on your new RV. We ordered a 3685RL the first part of Feb. 2013 and never received any information on build date or Vin #. Today it arrived at our dealership. The dealer said he had no idea it was even made yet. Somebody dropped the ball. They must be really busy at the factory this time of year. Enjoy your new unit. Lakeside

Al.K

We ordered on March 13. When the dealer inquired about the 3010RE, they had two in the build lineup.We were able to pick our decor and options.They said it could arrive as early as mid to late April.We also heard there is a shortage of transport drivers.That may factor into the delivery date.We dont have anything planned until mid May so I think we will be OK.

jbeletti

Jgeoghe,

Congrats on your order and welcome!

For all,

As Al.k mentioned, often times, dealers have stocking orders in at the factory. When they have a "retail sold" order (a customer coach that is to be ordered - not taken from dealer stock), the often times are able to have a stock order converted to a "retail sold" order - thus shortening the delivery time to the customer.

I can't confirm if there's a "driver shortage", but when there is, sadly, it can easily add a couple weeks to delivery.

Jgeoghe

Our RV is now at the dealer. Unfortunately, a window was scratched during shipment so it won't be ready for pick up anytime soon. We are still going to see it this weekend and get our "Indoctrination."

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Congratulations! You've found the perfect place to ask, find and receive answers to all your questions from some really, really good people.

Enjoy your new Heartland!

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
John and Lisa, Congratulations. We ordered our BH 3370RK at the end of Feb but have heard nothing. We did see some great tools on this forum for pre-delivery inspection. We plan on spending at least a half day using the forms and information when we finally get the rig.

We have an eight year old travel trailer that was our first experience and we took it back to the dealer several times in the first few months for minor and (one major) repairs that we probably would have caught doing our own PDI. The dealer was great but it was a hassle. Fortunately we are only a 1/2 hour away but still a lot of waiting time, driving time and frustration.

Al.K

Our 3010RE finally arrived today.We will be picking it up on Tuesday.Heartland was very fast to get this built for us.Ordered on 3/14,ready for pickup on 3/28.
Our dealer has exceeded any of our expectations.The only hang up was the transportation.Granted its a long way from Indiana to Northern California.With not much chance of a backhaul.
But as I've been telling my wife,"For the extremely low price we paid,a little extra time is worth it."
Grampafish-Have you received an MSRP or Vin# for your coach? When I was given this info,Heartland was able to give me the build status.
That is how I found that ours was done ans available on 3/38.Best of luck to you receiving yours very soon.

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
ALK, I've been in touch with the Heartland regional rep, Mike Moreland, who operates out of the Sacramento area, and he said it was "likely" to build this week and that he'd let us know as soon as he knows. we met him and our salesman at an RV show last year. We also have stayed in touch with our sales guy, who is the sales manger for the dealer we met at a show the previous year, but I think he has the same source:( He indicated this is their best start to a year in 20 years so they have a lot of rigs coming in and out.

We have a trip planned in mid-May but we have a back-up reservation at a motel. Our rear-kitchen model is not as popular as the 3010 so I guess there is less chance to substitute a customer factory order for a dealer stock order. It will get hear one of these days and we will love it! :)

MGMiller

Hello everyone! We just picked up our 2014 3010RE on Friday and have spent the weekend getting it stocked for the coming long weekend. So far so good.

danemayer

Hello everyone! We just picked up our 2014 3010RE on Friday and have spent the weekend getting it stocked for the coming long weekend. So far so good.

Hi MGMiller,

Congratulations on your new rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Feel free to ask questions. There's a great bunch of people here who are quick to help out when needed.

When you get a minute, take a look at the Owners Club. Here's a link. You can even try out club membership for free! Membership gets you into rallies where you'll have a great time and meet a lot of wonderful people.

Look forward to hearing about your adventures.

Al.K

Just a heads up for you. Check to see if your fridge will run on LP with your slide outs in. A couple of us with the 3010RE have had a problem with the rubber gas line at the rear of the slide kinking and cutting off the LP. I didn't find this out until I was ready to leave on our first trip.

MGMiller

Just a heads up for you. Check to see if your fridge will run on LP with your slide outs in. A couple of us with the 3010RE have had a problem with the rubber gas line at the rear of the slide kinking and cutting off the LP. I didn't find this out until I was ready to leave on our first trip.

Hi! This is MGMiller (aka The Farmer's) other half. Thanks for the heads up! Yesterday was finally dry enough to put the slides in and I did the LP test. Sure enough, the fridge is not cooling. So, the first thing he'll ask is "where is the hose located" and any tips on how to fix it would be appreciated. If it's easy I might be able to do it and not have to bother him.
Thanks again, Doreen.

danemayer

Hi! This is MGMiller (aka The Farmer's) other half. Thanks for the heads up! Yesterday was finally dry enough to put the slides in and I did the LP test. Sure enough, the fridge is not cooling. So, the first thing he'll ask is "where is the hose located" and any tips on how to fix it would be appreciated. If it's easy I might be able to do it and not have to bother him.
Thanks again, Doreen.
Doreen,

Did you get an error code on LP operation with the slideout pulled in?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
One other thing to try is to light a stove burner. Once you get it lit and run for a minute, turn it off and then try running the fridge on gas. If there is air in the line, the demand of the fridge is not enough to clear it.