New owner!

Hi folks, just picked up a Mallard M210RB.
The First thing I did was stop at my tire shop and had them install 5 Maxxis tires. In fact, it was part of the deal, I told them that I wasn't putting that kind of money into a new camper, just to be running China bomb tires!
Too many bad experiences with the crap tires!
We are downsizing from a 34 foot, three slide 9,000 lb Flagstaff to this, 22 feet, and roughly 4,500 lbs!
If any other M210RB owners want to share tips, we are all ears!

Dahillbilly

ran my originals for three years, by then the date codes had them being five years old & they were showing signs of dry rot, so I replaced them with 14 ply Hercules. Might add the was a 40' 5th wheel @ 16k.

BigHorns

We learned this lesson the very hard, expensive way. Bought our 2019 42 ft Bighorn new. Minding the tires was a habit from the beginning. Visually, they were very good. Then one morning one of them blew beneath a 13 ft kitchen slide. Tore out an extensive wiring harness, ripped off the wheel well shroud, and threw a mess across the highway. Lost power to the residential fridge, microwave, et al.

Took a good while underneath to figure out the wiring at both ends of what was ripped out and replace the full harness. Eventually, we were whole again. But, 5 months later another one of them blew on the opposite side. Air pressure was perfect and, again, visually there was nothing wrong with the tires.

This time I yanked all 5 of the factory Westlake tires and replaced them with a Hercules set. That was 15 months ago. No issues since. The date on those Westlakes was 2017- just two years old when they blew.

These factory tires were junk, IMHO.