Another day at the office

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
During haying season I often convince myself I'm to busy to stop and "smell the rose's". Today, after cutting this field I looked up and this is what I saw.IMG_20130816_121204_939.jpg Nothing to special about this one just happened to look up. I'm very glad I did.

Manzan

Dave, good thing you waited until you were finished other wise you may not have finished! Spectacular!

Rodbuster

Thanks alot Dave....just what I needed. I was caught up in a 1 mile plus traffic jam just outside of Orlando.

Hope all is well with you and Amy.
Dick

happykraut

Great view, Dave. If you'd stop and take a swig of Fireball every once in a while, you would automatically be looking up. See you and Amy in Iowa.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Love it! Thanks for sharing, Dave, we probably all need to "look up"! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Marv, just where is Mission Valley? We have property North of Billings. Dave, looks great, but anything out of California looks great to us.

Kbvols

Awesome picture...those simple things we often overlook are usually the most spectacular. I love seeing a freshly worked fields in the spring followed by rows of crops as they begin to grow. Offers a bit of peace to and from long daily commute to drab office. I love the mountains in background....some day plan to trek out west.

marvmarcy

Marv, just where is Mission Valley? We have property North of Billings. Dave, looks great, but anything out of California looks great to us.

The Mission Valley is a large ag area south of Flathead Lake and on the west side of the Mission Mountains. It grows mostly cattle, potatos, soy beans, canola, and wheat. Flathead lake area has huge orchards, especially cherries. Most farms/ranches here are tiny compared to eastern MT and WY.

We're on the hilltop at the north end of the valley, overlooking the valley to the south, the Mission Mtns to the east, Flathead Lake to the north, and beautiful sunsets to the west. We're 90 minutes from Glacier NP.

We're here from May into October every year, developing our 30 acres with an orchard, vineyard and soon-to-be-built 2200 sqft earth-powered greenhouse. We're also growing cantaloupe. Our tomato plants are six ft tall and loaded with tomatos. Its been fun seing what grows here. DW wants to grow bananas, but ???

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
That is a great picture of a great view. You know, one of the most beautiful scenes I know of is a field of freshly baled hay (square bales) waiting to be loaded and taken to the barn. I left the farm in 1959 to the service and rarely ever think of it today. Any way, thanks for sharing the great view you have.

scottyb

That is absolutely beautiful. I love the wide open spaces that Wyoming and Montana offers. Now If I could only find a place with your summers and our winters.