Check your outdoor speakers

I recently noticed a soft spot by the door of our 2011 32BUDS. I checked the caulk around the door, roof, water heater door and window. Everything looked good. I just happened to check the outdoor speaker to see if the caulk was in good shape. It was fine, but i noticed that the speaker surround was rotten and the cone was warped. Inspecting the other speaker and found similar results. They are Jensen marine 5.25". This seems to be the source of the water leak.

Last edited:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
My speakers went south after a year and did the same thing.
I found that there are not alot of choices anymore in 5 1/4" speakers.
I ended up getting a decent set of 6" Kenwood boat speakers at Bass Pro shop ($60).
I made the cutouts in the BH larger with a RotoZip for the larger size.
They have worked well since and sound 200% better than the factory speakers. Trace

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Speakers - mine went south very quickly after receiving the Grey Ghost. I forgot to have the service guys replace them at Goshen this summer so I guess will have to go shopping for more.

priorguy

Glad to hear about the quality TandT, because mine sound terrible at any kind of volume since I upgraded my Touch Audio to the much more powerful Jensen AWM series. I think each channel has more power then the hole unit before. The inside speakers are fine still. There's lots on the market and any major brand like Kenwood or even Clarion should work well.

Just found 5 1/4" Doss Audio at Canadian retailers (Bestbuy/Futureshop) for under $40