Adding Storage Rack to Back Bumper

DeryckW

Hello Everyone,

Just bought a new North Trail trailer. Discussion on a need for additional outside storage, I was wondering if I can get some comments on the possibility of welding a rack to the rear bumper. Or, possible some ideas on other outside storage.

Thanks in advance!!

Deryck

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
My 2012 North Trail came with a slide out back rack connected to the rear bumper....has a bike rack or you can use it for storage. I think the weight limit is 500 lbs.

pegmikef

My 2012 North Trail came with a slide out back rack connected to the rear bumper....has a bike rack or you can use it for storage. I think the weight limit is 500 lbs.

My old 2012 North Trail LRSS had the slide out bike rack and there was a sticker on in that specified the weight limit as 200 pounds. For me it worked great because I carried my Honda Generator pair and a storage box on it (total 190 pounds).

sarge71

We have a 2014 North Trail. We went to Lowe's and bought two Lockable Storage boxes that were the perfect size to fit the pull out.
I then put a couple 2x4s down and bolted the boxes to the frame.

Makes a great place for all the hoses and other outside equipment.
Each box is about 30wx24dx24tall.

iaflatlander

Doesn't sound like the OP has the pull out rack. If not, my advice would be to be very careful. Those back bumpers aren't very strong. On top of that, welding to the frame apparently invalidates the warranty from the frame people. :-(