Axle Crown

Hunter11

I was always under the impression that both axles should have an upward crown to them so they flatten out when loaded. I was under our trailer this morning sealing holes and happen to look at the axles from the rear and discovered it appears the front axle is crowned upwards but the rear looks like the crown is downward. Can an axle be installed upside down?

aRAYwego

I don't have the answer to your question but I did go outside and look under my LM. I can clearly see a crown up in both front and rear axles.

Hunter11

Don't know about the weight on the rear axle but it is not near as much as what would be on the front axle. Most of the storage and cabinets in our floor plan is in front of the axles. I guess if I can get the mobile tech out next week to deal with all our other warranty issues I will also have him look at the axles.

Hunter11

Now that I think about it most of the weight is off the axles right now and on the 6 point leveling system.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you can take a pic and send to Heartland, they can tell you. You could post here, and get some opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miltp920

I was under my Cyclone tonight, 2- 7000 lb axles, both crown up with 5er on 6 pt leveling system.