Bike Rack

gigantor

Hello. I have a 2012 Key Largo. Need the best location for a bike rack. Obviously the ladder is the easiest spot but I am not sure if it is strong enough. Any suggestions??

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hello. I have a 2012 Key Largo. Need the best location for a bike rack. Obviously the ladder is the easiest spot but I am not sure if it is strong enough. Any suggestions??

Your unit should have come with a receiver hitch which is designed to hold a bicycle rack. I would not trust the ladder.

jdamude

We have a 2014 Big Country and we made a hitch to accommodate the Bike Rack. We also added to extra receivers on each side for two reasons, one to support the ladder when using it and two to add a carrier rack if needed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 248

bigdob24

jdamude
I also have a BC and would like more info on your hitch.
it looks like the expandable adjustable type hitch, can't really tell.
Could you provide more pics and info on your hitch
Thanks

jdamude

jdamude
Thanks

I can take some pictures tomorrow. I made this hitch myself. There was approximately $100 in materials and I also had it soda blasted and powder coated $75.00.

jdamude

jdamude
Thanks

I was able to find a couple of pictures from when I fabricated the hitch. I hope this helps you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 265
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 240

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Here is a thread with Bike Hitch options:

Bike Rack Thread

This was what we did for our 2011 BC, warranty just ran out on the 2014 and this is soon to be added to the 2014 BC.

We have a Landmark, it doesnt have a receiver hitch on the rear for a bike rack. is there a hitch that just bolts up to the frame of the Landmark? or do I have to have one welded on? Im concerned about cutting the cover off the bottom of the trailer, thanks, Dennis New member

jbeletti

We have a Landmark, it doesnt have a receiver hitch on the rear for a bike rack. is there a hitch that just bolts up to the frame of the Landmark? or do I have to have one welded on? Im concerned about cutting the cover off the bottom of the trailer, thanks, Dennis New member

To my knowledge, without the brackets already being there, there is no direct bolt-up option out there. I would not be afraid of cutting into the underbelly. That can be closed up very effectively.

Bob Vaughn

I purchased a Curt adjustable bolt on hitch that spans the frame.....I just replaced the bolts with grade 8 nuts and bolts......I got a cargo basket from harbor freight so I can carry things other than bikes.....

jbeletti

I purchased a Curt adjustable bolt on hitch that spans the frame.....I just replaced the bolts with grade 8 nuts and bolts......I got a cargo basket from harbor freight so I can carry things other than bikes.....

Bob - please post the Curt part number or link to the product so others may know exactly what you got.

Also, are you saying it bolted to the I-beam frame or bolted to the brackets that may have came on your frame?