New Big Country Owners

MRBailey

Hi all,

We are new Heartland Big Country owners. We purchased a 2013 Heartland BC 3691SK this past December after looking at many different brand rigs. We are wondering what your experiences are, and why you chose this brand? Thanks for all of your advice and opinions in advance! I look forward to seeing you down the road! Any major issues?

Robin and Matt
Bremerton, WA

VKTalley

Welcome to the Big Country family! We have the flip of your floor plan, the 3690SL. We love ours! We did the same thing you did... looked at lots of different brands but settled on the 3690SL. We have owned ours in September, 2012, and started traveling semi-fulltime in January, 2013.

Where in Washington are you located? We will be traveling to Lake Chelan, WA (leaving this weekend) for a 10 camping trip with our daughter, son-in-love and two granddaughters, as they live in the Tacoma area and my son-in-love's family have been vacationing in the Chelan area for years.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have had 2 Big Countries over the last 7 years and loved both of them. Great campers. Now all you have to do is join the Heartland Owners Club. Enjoy and travel safely.

MRBailey

Chelan is about 2 hours from us. Tacoma is 45 minutes. We live in Bremerton, which is about 45 minutes north of Tacoma! So glad to see others owning and enjoying Big Country's. My husband is a Chief in the Navy, and I teach students with severe special needs. We believe that we will also become full-timers if we make it that far in life :). I hope you have a great time!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome!
I'm writing this from the WA state rally in Deer Park outside Spokane. I know Rod and Kelly will check in to say Hi but they are busy right now getting stuff ready for the rally events.

Be sure to check out the club to see if it might interest you. Lots of people who don't normally like to join groups, like this one because it is such a fun and easy to get along with bunch of people and because it is possible to learn so much about your coach from others at the events.

In the mean time enjoy your new rig and we will hope to meet you down the road.

Kristy

stevenssr

Congratulations and welcome to the group! My experience has been all good. My 2013 BC is in for it's last warranty service now, but nothing major. So, my experience has been very positive. If there is a weak link it's got to be the Towmax tires if you have those. For those of us still using them, we seem to be on borrowed time based on all the stories on this board.

The BC decision was pretty easy for me. It seemed to be the best trailer for the money I was willing to spend. I still believe that. Happy camping!

Scott

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Welcome to the Heartland Owners Family! We are currently in Deer Park WA at the Washington Rally with a group of great people from as far away as Florida and all over the West Coast and Pacific NW. Hopefully you can join us at future rallies and meet a lot of great people. Next year we are doing our WA Rally near Leavenworth at an amazing park in Monitor, followed by the Oregon Rally in North Bend (Coos Bay) the following week. We hope you can join us for one or both of them as we could use a few more BC owners to help represent that amazing line!

Rod Ditrich

MRBailey

Hi, we would love to join the club, and go to rallies! :) Can I have more information on how to join?

Thanks!
Robin

jimtoo

Hi Robin,

Again welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. Lots of great folks here and if you join us in the Heartland Owners Club and attend a rally you will meet some of the great folks and have a lot of fun making friends and eating some good food.

Check out this page for more info on the Heartland Owners Club.

Jim M

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Jim beat us to it. We were at our rally today so it was a busy day, but a fun day. Glad you guys our joining us at our rally next year. Hopefully you can make the Oregon Rally the following weekend too. We are planning a big caravan down from Washington with a stop in Fairview Oregon for 3 nights in between.

Rod Ditrich

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Sorry, I just saw your message. Glad someone could get you pointed in the right direction. As Rod said, we would love to see you at our rallies next year. I also have a campout in October you could come down for if you are available. Membership allows you to attend any Heartland event even if it isn't in your home state or region.

Just click the Events Tab at the top of each forum page to see what is planned. From there you can click on an event to get the info about that event and directions for registrating for it.

Hopefully we will see you at one of our upcoming activities.

Kristy