ATF: Cyclone - Three-way AC switch Question

I am new to RV'ing and I have the most trouble understanding and configuring the Three-way AC switch to run the units I want running. I was wondering if you can swap the three-way switch out for Three standard switches (Same location). This way you easily turn on the two units you would like to run. I am sorry if this question has already been asked but any help would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Charles-N-Donya,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I don't expect the factory to give you advice on making electrical wiring changes, but you'll no doubt hear from other owners.

There has been prior discussion about rearranging the wiring on the switch so that it works more to your liking. But I would expect that there are 2 circuit breakers supplying power to the switch. Having 3 a/c units wired to 2 circuit breakers implies that you would share one breaker across 2 a/c units. Of course, that's what the 3-way switch does. One unit is always powered from one circuit breaker, and the other two units share power coming from the other breaker. So it seems to me that it might make more sense to change how the a/c units are connected to the switch.

pcardoza

When we took delivery of our 2014 4100 King, the 3 AC's were wired so that you could run:
Bedroom & Garage
or
Living Room 7 Garage

The center position was for Garage only.

I talked to my dealer and we agreed this was a ridiculous configuration! He agreed to have his tech come out and re-wire it so that we could run:

Bedroom & Living Room
or
Living Room and Garage

He basically swapped the garage and Living Room units wiring. We found this to be a much better option. In hindsight, however, we should have requested that he rewire completely to allow all three to be used if we desire. HL only wires them the way they do so that you cannot run all 3 when on generator power ais it cannot handle that much draw. Connected to 50A service, there would be no problem with running all 3 units simultaneously. When on generator power, I think I could manage the usage myself, without idiot switches...........