Inner slide seal maintenance?

TxCowboy

Gang, there's a ton of stuff on the market for lubricating the black inner and outer seals on the slides.

My question is: what maintenance, if any, do you perform on the flat seals (mine are off-white) on the inside edges of each slide?

I've done some research and the only thing I found was to wipe these seals down with baby powder on a soft rag or sock about every six months.

What do you do?

Kbvols

I used silicone spray and wiped them down when new to clean them. I later switched to baby powder in a sock based on info from this forum. I like the powder the best as it seems to keep the seals from sticking to the slides when opening. I still use the silicone to clean the seals as needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
"Dry" silicone spray is a good choice. It leaves everything dry and a coating like baby powder... but Just clean them good 1st.

Jimsryker

Gang, there's a ton of stuff on the market for lubricating the black inner and outer seals on the slides.

My question is: what maintenance, if any, do you perform on the flat seals (mine are off-white) on the inside edges of each slide?

I've done some research and the only thing I found was to wipe these seals down with baby powder on a soft rag or sock about every six months.

What do you do?

Is anyone annoyed with the smell of baby powder like I am? If I apply to both slides, I believe the smell would be pervasive throughout the entire coach. I am looking for scent free Talcum powder and also wondering if anyone has used Corn Starch or Corn Silk powder. That is even finer than talcum.

Grey Ghost

:cool: I also use baby powder, I've smelled a LOT worse and this works really well. Just and old sox, which might smell a bit, some baby powder and just wipe it on. I use it about once every three or four months. Also I use baby wipes on the front end cap of my 5ver. Cleans the bug juice off and from that point on they hit, they slide right off. Works and is cheap, easy and you can find them anywhere

caissiel

In 20 years. I never put anything on the rubbers. They need friction in order to flip in and out to seal against the rain pouring in. Replaced one seal on our 15 year old unit.

brianlajoie

I just cleaned both the "D" seals and the flat wiper seals with Protect all slide out rubber treatment. I've noticed that the "D" seal on one side of my slide out is starting to leave very small pieces against the inside of the outer slide lip. So, I decided to use the treatment on the inside of the outer slip lip of the out wall of the slide out - thereby removing the small bits of seal sticking to it. The seals were fairly dirty, so the treatment helped clean them up. I can feel the difference, but wonder if I should follow up with baby powder / corn starch or talc powder. Any thoughts?

TxCowboy

Most of what I've read here in this forum and elsewhere is to use baby powder on this inside slide seals. Sprinkle it liberally on a old sock and have fun. :)