EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MO, Carthage - 9/11/2015 to 9/13/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Joe and Anne Maxwell sent me a message that they will be attending the rally. It won't be long now!

We still have a few more sites and a couple more days, so if you want to come, get in touch with the park and get signed up!

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Sorry I've had to cancel our reservation. Just found out I'm having cataract surgery next week and there's not enough time to get there and back for the post-op, etc.

jayc

Nancy, we're sorry you won't be able to make it.

After my medical problem on Monday, I won't be able to make it either. Everyone please take it easy on new Chapter Leaders Larry and Gayle.

olcoon

I've no doubt that Larry & Gayle will do fine, but I'm sure they'll miss your expert leadership!

jayc

I'm sure they will but I hate to miss the rally. It was a first for me to remove my own name from the attendee list.

jayc

Thanks Don. I'm planning (with Dr's approval) to make the rest of the South Central rallies and to go to the RGV in January.

pegmikef

We arrived here yesterday and I gotta tell you Jay, it is pretty lonely without you and Stella here, but Your health is first and by now you should be pretty close to your home turf so you can begin setting up those all important medical appointments with the professionals you know and trust. Best of luck to you and we will be seeing you at all of the rest of the rallies except Bullard.

BTW, this place is just as nice as I remember it from last year, but after being spoiled in Colorado, it is a tad warm.

Nbomar

What happens at these rallies. I have 2 children that are 5 and 2. We usually plan camping trips around them. Just curious as this is only 1.5 hours from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olcoon

Nbomar, there is a lot of socializing, especially around the campfire of an evening. Usually a potluck (or 2), most folks will do some exploring in the area during the day, either in a group, or on their own. Also usually there will be some rig touring, checking out each other's rigs, and mods they have done, or planning on doing. Also, if someone needs some repair work they need help with there is always plenty of help! It's generally a good time, meeting new friends and catching up with old friends. If you can make it, I'm sure you'll have a good time. As far as the kids are concerned, there usually aren't any planned activities for them, but they are welcome. We've been to several Heartland rallys with kids, and there haven't been any problems. Most of us are Grandparents!! But a word of caution, there will be adult beverages, but I've never seen it get out of hand & we've been to numerous Heartland rallys.

- - - Updated - - -

Bernie,
Glad to see that you were able to make it!!! We are still here in Wisconsin, be leaving Oct. 05. Enjoy yourselves!!!

pegmikef

Larry and Gayle, thanks for a great rally and pre-rally visits with everybody. You would never know that this was your first rally because you sure conducted this one like old pros. We had ( and still are having ) a wonderful time visiting with old and new friends and Ray's generous contribution of the beautifully carved prizes was icing on the cake. BTW your toilet paper game will only work once with me, now that I am on to it. Thanks again. Mike and Peggy

happykraut

Had a lot of fun at the rally. Great job Larry and Gayle. Ray thanks again for the carvings. Also may thanks again to Alan. Bernie & Judi

AAdams

Thanks to everyone at the rally. Deb and I had a great time at our first pre-rally, rally and post rally ( still going ). Really enjoyed meeting everyone. Thank you Larry and Gayle for stepping up to host this rally. Ray, really appreciate the gifts, truly pieces of art. We will leave Tuesday to head to Bullard TX for the next rally we will attend. We are looking forward to more rallies in our future. Bernie & Judi, I was more than happy to help out, take care.

dbbls59

For those who were at the Missouri Rally, this is an update about Joyce. Most of you know we spent Saturday night and Sunday morning in the ER. Joyce had her second attack in 4 weeks. We were not sure what the problem was but the ER doctor suspected it was gall stones. When we got home she contacted her doctor and found out it was indeed gall stones. She had her gall bladder removed last Thursday. She is doing fine and looking forward to the winter in Texas.

pegmikef

Glad they were able to diagnose the problem and perform the successful surgery. You both have our best wishes and be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.