ATF: Cyclone - Yeti Switch

pro668

Wondering what exactly the Yeti switch does? Also, there is a red switch that illuminates when turned on as well, what exactly does that switch do? Thanks.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Wondering what exactly the Yeti switch does? Also, there is a red switch that illuminates when turned on as well, what exactly does that switch do? Thanks.

The Yeti switch activates the 12V insulated and heated main water line, and the red switch activates the 110V tank heaters that are on the Canadian Artic Package.

thanks,

AJ Jones

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
They will work best when the temps get below about 35F. Keep in mind if the tank heaters are turned on and the tank is empty it could burn a hole in the tank. So be sure there is something in the tank. I only use ours if the temps are forecasted to get below 30 degrees F. I am careful to be sure to turn them off when the temps get above 32.

BLHFUN

I don't turn my on unless it's 32 and below for an extended time. Usually at that temp, you are running the furnace and it heats the underbelly. It would need to be below 32 for quit a while for freezing to happen if you are running the furnace. Don't push it, better to be safe than sorry! Jim has it right, don't use the heaters without water in the tanks.